PDA

View Full Version : foam pads

III
04-08-2004, 07:04 PM
I bought 4 meguiar`s foam pads and I was wondering if after washing the pads with soap/water if I can re-use them with a different product. Here`s what I mean: 2 of the pads I strictly used with a cleaner, then one pad with a polish/glaze, then another with a carnuba wax product. If I wash all the pads can I use the 2 pads that had the cleaner on them, or the polishing pad (the pads are kind of dark brown now instead of yellow) with a carnuba or polymer product, or should I just delegate them to my cleaner/polishing products only?

disasnguy
04-08-2004, 07:18 PM
i try to keep them separate. no matter how clean you try to clean the pads, i think there`s still some residue. it would be best if each pad was designated to types of products like you said. it would be a waste if there was a little polish left in a pad that you are trying to wax with.

imported_Jon P. Nusbaum
04-10-2004, 10:13 AM
A good cleaning with a little bit of mild soap (Dawn, etc.) in the sink with warm/hot water will remove any residue between the polishes, glazes, or waxes. I have used a dozen products on the same pad, after washing thouroughly of course, and have never had any adverse effects. There have been other threads about this if you search.