PDA

View Full Version : 1Z on new car?

mgates
04-08-2004, 03:53 PM
I`ve got some 1Z Paint Polish I`m planning to use on my wife`s black accord that has some fine micro scratches. Will be claying first, then finishing up with meg #16 wax.

I also have a 1mo old silver RSX, which has not been waxed yet. The paint is in great shape, and I was wondering if I should clay then wax it...or would using the 1z polish be a good idea?

Thanks,

Mitch

imported_CARFREAK
04-08-2004, 03:59 PM
I would recommend the milder 1Z Metallic Polish.Try it first on the Accord because it may be enough.I always follow Paint Polish with Metallic Polish before waxing.I like the results.

Metallic Polish will be fine on your RSX.

mgates
04-08-2004, 04:12 PM
I already ordered the PP, since that is what most people recommended to get the scratches out. I hope it will be mild enough to use alone on the accord. I will be doing this by hand, btw.

thanks,

mitch

Accumulator
04-08-2004, 05:12 PM
Don`t worry, the 1Z PP will be mild enough. It`s not all THAT strong, just work it long enough for the abrasives to break down completely. Don`t use too much product, it`ll just make for more work.

Yeah, clay the RSX first and polish it too. Since #16 has NO cleaners at all, and is even low on solvents, I`d always use something to polish before the first coat of #16 goes on.

It WOULD probably be best to be using MP when it`ll do the job, but using PP before the #16 is fine.

Start with a limited area on the Accord. Since black is unforgiving, if there are any problems (I don`t expect any, don`t mean to make you worry) you can get back to us for suggestions before you have a problem over the whole car.