PDA

View Full Version : little chips filled with white

unclearty
04-08-2004, 06:37 AM
I did my black Benz with the WG pair a couple of weeks ago. My hood leading edge has a lot of little tiny chips that have now turned white...as though they have been filled with wax residue. First..how can I get rid of the residue, then secondly...what can I put on the hood to prevent this from happening again?

armoredsaint
04-08-2004, 06:57 AM
use an alcohol water mixture possibly to clean off wax residue? And to prevent it, fix the chips or have it repainted!

Nick T.
04-09-2004, 05:41 AM
I know that it sounds silly, but you might want to try wiping it down with a little peanut oil.

Good luck and have fun!

Preachers Sheets
04-09-2004, 03:04 PM
I have chips but I never have any white residue left behind.

After you prep the car, use alcohol on the polished paint, it should remove anything that is left behind by the polishing.

unclearty
04-09-2004, 03:13 PM
What puzzles me is...I polished the hood area with 1Z MP... cleaned then applied WG Gloss. Looked great...the next morning I saw all the little white dots. When I looked closely, it was these little chips that were filled with white. I`m guessing that the WG Gloss turned white when it dried. I`ll play with it more tomorrow...looks like we might actually get a Saturday without rain in New England!!!

I`m also condidering cleaning the area again to black and applying 1Z Glanz wax.....

Preachers Sheets
04-09-2004, 06:07 PM
Finally a nice day, too bad I cant use my Cyclo hahaha, read my post in the main section, you`ll see.