PDA

View Full Version : question about more than a coat of SG

Kenji
04-08-2004, 01:32 AM
apply SG after using AIO,

for those who apply more than one coat of SG,

after every wait (24 hours), do i have to wash the car again before applying second coat of SG or just do it?

BlueRanger
04-08-2004, 02:53 AM
depends if your cars dirty or not. If it just sat in the garage, then no, if you drove it around, i would def wash it. You dont want to trap any contaminants under the sg...

thinksnow
04-08-2004, 06:25 AM
I always use a non-silicone quick detail spray before a second coat of anything. Even garages have residual dust floating around. Next time, use a light-colored mf and qd the hood after one day in the garage. More than likely, it will be somewhat dirty after a swipe. You don`t want to grind that into your paint applying layers.

foxtrapper
04-08-2004, 07:16 AM
Skip the 24 hour wait and just apply the coats back to back. It works fine for me this way.

Kenji
04-08-2004, 08:24 AM
using QD , is that same as apply wax?

if so, there will be wax between each coat of SG. no?

togwt
04-08-2004, 09:23 AM
Sonus Spritz is formulated the same way as Klasse and can be used to ‘even’ out layers or as a quick detailer

Klasse is a polymer and will not adhere to wax, if you are going to use a wax as the final product before you re- apply SG you’ll have to ‘start over’ with AIO to enable a `clean` wax free surface

~Hope this helps~