PDA

View Full Version : Help with Menzerna IP and PC

BoogerB
04-07-2004, 05:30 PM
I just received my Menzerna polish and pad kit today from properautocare and the ultimate PC. I clayed and used the orange power pad that came with the kit. Set the PC on 3.5ish misted the pad and applied 2 8" lines of the IP on the rear wing of my Navy Blue Metallic T/A. It made it look better but I can still see some small markings etc. I`ve used pressure and so on. None of them seem very deap at all, like you can`t feel. They look just like swirls, not horrible, but to us picky folks they are still there. What do I do? Use more IP and more pressure? More speed?? I did notice that the IP started flaking kinda... I guess it was drying out, but it seemed really soon for that to happen. I shook the IP just incase aswell. I originally thought it was going to cut pretty quick and leave a hazy look to the paint, but it shined like hell.

I did about 1/3 of the wing with 2 8" lines of product. Should I work in smaller areas?

Also the vicking micro (power scrubbers) that came with it SUCK Horribly. after wiping the left over IP off, they left some fine swirl markings, but those came out with IP. I went back and used some of the other micro`s I had, but for now I guess I`ll have to get some from pakshack?? or where?

Thanks for any tips etc. I`ll be searching more and more.

Also I did apply a little wolfgang to a small section... man that stuff is awesome, very very slick.

Dtail
04-07-2004, 06:27 PM
Work the IP until it`s almost dry just like you work DACP. Then follow with FP to remove some haze left by the IP.

BoogerB
04-07-2004, 06:35 PM
What is DACP?

When working till its almost dry, is that were it works the most??

C-MDX
04-07-2004, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by BoogerB

What is DACP?

Dual Action Cleaner and Polish from Meguiars :)

BoogerB
04-07-2004, 07:32 PM
How many times can I apply the IP before I start hurting the clear?

ZaneO
04-07-2004, 09:01 PM
Don`t worry about hurting the clear. I replied to your post on ls1.com - sorry, don`t feel like typing it all over. :D

matc
04-07-2004, 09:28 PM
quote:

What is DACP?

When working till its almost dry, is that were it works the most??

---------------------

As stated by C-MDX DACP is dual action cleaner polish.

The reason you should work it till it dries is that it is a "diminishing abrasive". This means the longer you work it the finer the cutting power and therefore less swirls and marring.

chevysales
04-08-2004, 07:12 AM
not all microfibers are created equal.

lots of the cheapies put scratches in

BoogerB
04-08-2004, 03:53 PM
I was wrong. it wasn`t a vicking micro...

it was a properautocare `power scrubber`

I did a fender today, clayed and applied the IP in a circle on the pad, used speed 4 and it worked alot better. Looked really good, but went out to a friends house and there was nothing around to hinder the sun and noticed a few more swirls, I`ll go back over it again..... There are a few scratchs that wont come out because they are deap in the clear, but hardly noticable after the IP. The FP made a nice difference. Should I work that for quite a while aswell? Whats the best speed for FP?

Jesstzn
04-08-2004, 08:12 PM
Booger I use the IP in a Meguiars purple ( cutting) pad on 5 and the FP on a white pad on 5.5 with good luck .. I don`t know what the vicking micro (power scrubbers) are but to remove the FP/IP I have been using the 5/$4.97 Walmart towels after I remove the tag. I`ll get flamed for this but I don`t get swirls from them nor will they scratch a CD with reasonable "Car Waxing Pressure" . I have 20 of these and I use one per panel then they go in the wash. I also use a 50/50 IA/H2O spritz to help remove the IP.

BoogerB
04-08-2004, 11:41 PM
They are actually Viper (got confused with some viking i saw at wally world). Im guessing they are a properautocare brand? The tag says that and power scrubber. The kit I purchased said polishing microfibers or alonge those lines. Will they change if I use them damp or wash them a few times? Or should I just call and see what the deal is?

The cobra waffle drying towel = badass and what I used to wipe the polish off with today.

I can`t believe I`ll have to do it some more on the areas I worked today.... Noticed a few marks in the sun that I couldn`t see in the shade... Very minut, but I might aswell go for perfection. I`ll probably end up doing it over a couple days. I`m going to the color service shop tomorrow to see if they have any of the pads recommended.