PDA

View Full Version : Color x vs. NXT

MTomlinson07
04-07-2004, 04:51 PM
I did a full detail on my truck 5 weeks ago, Clay then MPPC followed by 3MSMR then 2x NXT and two weeks ago when I washed it the wax was completely gone, I am at college so it`s hard to do a multistep detailing job while I am at school , so I put on a coat of Color-x. It`s been two weeks since I put on the color-x and it is still beading great and has slickness still. It seems to be outlasting the NXT! Has anyone else tried both products and noticed that the color-x has better longetivity? In another week I will give an update on how well the color-x is holding up.

jasonatv22
04-09-2004, 08:57 AM
Yeah, my ColorX is holding up as the outside layer. I`m not sure if I want to re-ColorX to see if I get any more oxidation off (single stage paint) or if I want to play with some of the stuff I haven`t messed with yet.

a.k.a. Patrick
04-10-2004, 11:33 AM
360., that may be your X hiding on top of the NXT....I seriously doubt the X would outlast the NXT. I would really find that strange if it were true! I love colorX as a quick one step cleaner protector.....I have yet to use the NXT, you may have just needed to apply one more coat of NXT ? Sometimes a base coat is a prerequisite for your additional protection and layering.....It can tend to "hide" on the surface, it doesnt look like its there, until you apply a second coat. Youlll notice how easy it is to apply additional layers, removal is a breeze.....(NOW your sealed)