PDA

View Full Version : Klasse AIO on your windshield?

Pages : [1] 2

ArvinC
04-07-2004, 01:04 PM
Hello everyone!

First off, thanks to everyone for the advice on using Klasse AIO and SG! :D I just recently completed the "treatment" on my 2 month old Mazda RX-8 and the results were stunning! I`m gonna get some pics uploaded and will post them when I can.

Anyways, my question is are there any ill-effects in using Klasse AIO on the windshield? I was really taken aback by how clear and transparent it made my side and back glass as well as my head/tail lights shields! However, in the instructions sent to me from Concours Direct, they mentioned that "Klasse has not been approved for use on windshields."

Any thoughts or comments? :o

Arvin

thinksnow
04-07-2004, 01:07 PM
Since AIO claims to leave an acrylic layer of protection, I would worry about streaking on the windshield. Strict cleaners with no fillers would be fine (I use Autoglym GP) but anything that claims to leave protection or fill swirls or scratches would adversely affect your wipers` performance.

armoredsaint
04-07-2004, 01:09 PM
It will make your windshield so smooth, i used aio and sg on my glass and it`s doesn`t degrade your vision either!

membim
04-07-2004, 01:12 PM
AIO works fine on my windshield. It makes the glass clear, the water bead, and the wipers glide.

imported_SouthernZ71
04-07-2004, 01:13 PM
me too

spotter
04-07-2004, 03:00 PM
clay the windshield and then use AIO and enjoy!

groebuck
04-07-2004, 03:44 PM
One more for AIO on the Glass - works and looks great (I use it on the hard plastic trim as well externally).

thinksnow
04-07-2004, 04:38 PM
Okay--the Jeep just got a dose because it doesn`t have Aquapel on it. We`ll see how it goes! Thanks for the advice, all.

Bill D
04-07-2004, 06:46 PM
Is it ok to use Aquapel over AIO?

2wheelsx2
04-07-2004, 07:22 PM
I don`t think so. The instructions say to use lighter fluid to deep clean the glass.

maxshine
04-07-2004, 08:21 PM
I use AIO on my windshields (and windows) all the time. On occasion i`ll throw on some SG also. Neither have ever streaked.

AIO has to be the most versatile product out there.

Scottwax
04-07-2004, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by OutlawTitan

clay the windshield and then use AIO and enjoy!

Agreed! The beading effect lasts a lot longer than RainX does.

thinksnow
04-13-2004, 07:00 AM
Okay, I am one of the converted...but...I am wondering if putting SG over AIO reduces the beading power. It seems that AIO was slicker (right before I applied the SG) and I have been somewhat disappointed by the beading with the AIO/SG combo. I didn`t stop with AIO so I don`t have that as a comparison.

scottabir
04-13-2004, 07:06 AM
Anyways, my question is are there any ill-effects in using Klasse AIO on the windshield? I was really taken aback by how clear and transparent it made my side and back glass as well as my head/tail lights shields! However, in the instructions sent to me from Concours Direct, they mentioned that "Klasse has not been approved for use on windshields."

We live in a land of sue happy people, just covering ther rear-ends JIC

AIO will work great as everyone has said...just remember it was them that said it not me :D

6cyl's_of_fury
04-13-2004, 07:25 AM
Just gave AIO a blast on my windows on the weekend. Even my mates commented on how clear they looked. That was a winner for me.