PDA

View Full Version : New TW Line?

Pages : [1] 2

imported_RadMon
04-07-2004, 06:14 AM
Have not seen it mentioned recently and a search turned up nothing either, so here goes...

Just got my latest Car & Driver and noticed an ad for what appeared to be a new line from TW (see links below). Anyone seen or heard anything about it?

Platinum Series Ultra Gloss Wax (http://www.turtlewax.com/products/pages/t-411_12.htm)

Platinum Series Detailer (http://www.turtlewax.com/products/pages/t-413.htm)

thinksnow
04-07-2004, 07:23 AM
Searched:

TW Platinum (http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32841&highlight=platinum+series)

NXT4now
04-07-2004, 11:24 AM
I just saw the TW commercial on TV last night touting the new line!

imported_Intermezzo
04-07-2004, 11:38 AM
love2shine, hehe yeah, I saw it too! Pretty decent shine on those cars if you ask me!

NXT4now
04-08-2004, 12:11 PM
^^^Cool, you saw the commercial too :) I wonder if those two detailers in the commercial are on this board...

dlw
04-10-2004, 05:27 PM
I went to Walmart today and put a bottle of the new TW Ultra Gloss in my basket, then chickened out, but only because of the Zaino, Souveran, Moose Carnuba, Megs, Eagle 1, etc, etc that I still need to use up. I`m really in love with Vanilla Moose topped by Souveran. I spend each Saturday Moosing and waxing all 5 of my cars. One more container of wax in my garage and I know my wife will snap but I`m really dying to try the new TW!

JustinR32
04-10-2004, 09:02 PM
I`ve tried it. It`s pretty nice, actually. It`s a hybrid natural/poly blend, like Mother`s Reflections or Meguiar`s Gold Class. It`s a cleaner/wax; I`d call its cleaning properties mild, not as strong as most cleaner waxes. Again, similar to Gold Class. I didn`t care much for the smell, but it`s not really that bad, more herbal than tropical (I just smelled it to make sure).

You could do worse from the local shelves. The choices have gotten much better, especially this year. There`s NXT, NanerWax, TW Platinum, plus GC, the 3 step, the Mother`s products; I`d use any of them.

Tom

JustinR32
04-10-2004, 09:05 PM
All the linked pictures are gone; Oh well. Trust me, it`s a nice looking wax, nice and deep, and dark.

Tom

imported_Larry A
04-10-2004, 09:28 PM
Their is a car museum near McHenry Illinois called Volo . I hear that they use the new Turtle wax Ultra on their cars , but I dont know for sure. I heard that they done a photo shoot of Ultra at Volo a couple of months ago.

Scottwax
04-10-2004, 11:26 PM
One of these days, I am going to grab a bottle of the new TW and Nano waxes. Not a priority but I still like to try everything.

dlw
04-11-2004, 09:40 PM
I caved in an bought the new TW & NXT this afternoon. See my other post for some thoughts on both after trying them today.

imported_NHBFAN
04-11-2004, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Scottwax

One of these days, I am going to grab a bottle of the new TW and Nano waxes. Not a priority but I still like to try everything.

Scottwax,

You don`t have to purchase it ... we`ll send it to you.

I believe there are quite a few autopians that would like to see what you can do with TW.;)

imported_Larry A
04-12-2004, 02:52 PM
Turtle Wax has a big plant in Bedford Park Illinois . They have a lot of people working for them, they have top notch chemist working for them, they have all the right equipment, they been in busness a long time. Maybe by now they are doing something right.

imported_NHBFAN
04-15-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by lawrencea

Turtle Wax has a big plant in Bedford Park Illinois . They have a lot of people working for them, they have top notch chemist working for them, they have all the right equipment, they been in busness a long time. Maybe by now they are doing something right.

McDonald`s is a huge operation. They have a lot of people working for them. They have been in business for a long time. They, as is TW, are doing something right. They are both successfully reaching their targeted markets.

McDonald’s is a long way from fine dining.

TW is a long way from being an elite car car product manufacture.

Scottwax
04-15-2004, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by NHBFAN

Scottwax,

You don`t have to purchase it ... we`ll send it to you.

I believe there are quite a few autopians that would like to see what you can do with TW.;)

:lol

Actually, it is what I do prior to applying TW that really counts!