PDA

View Full Version : water spots, oxidations, general crap

imported_Strider
04-06-2004, 06:45 PM
So I washed the Jetta with Gold class car shampoo. Looks good as ussual. Except the want spots are horrid (like no one else`s arn`t) the oxidation is nuts, and the areas that see lots of road time are really REALLY :eek: bad. I`m sure I will have to buff the whole car and bar like a mad man but is there anything i can use in the mean time till I get all the stuff that I need? Another strange one I niced is that in the fron under the grill the water spots are very apparnet, and can be felt by hand. I think I should wash the car again but I`m not ot sure that those kind of things will go away with washing.

Also has anyone heard of or used Prestige Protective Polish? Umm doh says it has Petrolem Distillates in it...is that bad?

Here (http://www.phoenixbikers.com/templates/prestigeprotectivepolishinfo.htm) is a link about it....

SK2003TypeS
04-06-2004, 08:07 PM
I`m not familiar with that product. A lot of folks here order stuff from the links found in the "shop" icon at the top of this page.

Depending on how bad your water spots and oxidation is, you may be able to get them out with a mild cleaner like P21S paint cleaner or Pinnacle Paint Cleaning Lotion. I used PPCL on my car last spring. I had some mild water spots and oxidation.

So, how bad is "REALLY" bad. got any pics ?

Preachers Sheets
04-06-2004, 08:38 PM
Looks like it`s time for a medium/heavy polish or a light compound.

imported_Strider
04-06-2004, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by joed1228

Looks like it`s time for a medium/heavy polish or a light compound.

Such as? I`am planning on getting the Klasse kit that is sold here. I will get some pics of the stuff I`m talkin about and put them up tomorrow. In low light its great but I know that its not that great. and of course there are the OE swirls and scratches.