PDA

View Full Version : ok ... What is this on my windshield??

Marc Hufnagel
04-06-2004, 04:49 PM
Ok, Short intro.. got the jeep about a month and a half ago.. As I was cleaning it up I noticed this on the windshield. It appears to be like an oily film on the glass, and appears everywhere the wipers do NOT touch. It will not clay off, nor will vinegar touch it. It feels no different than the `clean` glass.

It might be hard to see in the picture, but you are looking at the line going from the lower left of the windshield up to the center. It is everywhere the wipers don`t go. There is none of this on the side windows, nor the back. Where it is on the glass it does not have an even look to it, but a little dappled or uneven. I don`t think it is the laminating of the glass since it follows the wipers..

You can see it does change the color of the glass , but oddly enough when inside the vehicle you can`t see it at all..??

Any ideas of what it might be or how to possibly get it off?

thanks

Marc

http://marc.hufnagel.home.mchsi.com/wtf.jpg

Detailing NY
04-06-2004, 06:52 PM
The can just see what you are talking about. That may be from your wipers. I would replace the wipers.

You can get some glass cleaner and polish and try to buff that out

forrest@mothers
04-06-2004, 07:34 PM
Try using a glass polish or even a chrome polish - it`s stronger than vinegar.

I think it`s a built up film.

Marc Hufnagel
04-06-2004, 10:35 PM
I`ll check into the glass polish and see what is available around here. Would you recommend hand or PC use with it? thank you!

Detailing NY
04-07-2004, 04:17 PM
PC or hand it does not matter

kustomsol
04-07-2004, 06:19 PM
Here`s Autopia`s own review of Zaino Glass polish (Z-12):

Ratings for this Product:

Instructions (5.00)

Packaging (5.00)

Ease of Use (5.00)

Cleaning Power (5.00)

Haze/Streak Free (5.00)

Fragrance & Skin (5.00)

MFG Claims (5.00)

Value (5.00)

Compared to Similar Items:

Instructions (3.33)

Packaging (3.52)

Ease of Use (4.18)

Cleaning Power (4.15)

Haze/Streak Free (4.00)

Fragrance & Skin (2.73)

MFG Claims (3.58)

Value (3.94)

Click to zoom Z-12 Clear-View Glass Polish:

From the Zaino Bros` Website:

Finally, a glass cleaner and polish that really works!

You will think your glass disappeared!

Excellent on chrome and stainless, too!

We searched for years trying to find a glass polish that really works as advertised. Frustrated with the results, we decided to engineer our own. Introducing Z-12 Clear-View Glass Polishâ„¢. Formulated with modified cleaners and mild abrasives, Z-12 Clear-View Glass Polishâ„¢ deep cleans and polishes all glass surfaces with ease. It quickly removes acid rain spots, hard water spots, road film, stubborn bird stains, and that annoying interior glass film. Z-12 Clear-View Glass Polishâ„¢ is so effective, it even removes fine to medium scratches. We have yet to find a stain that Z-12 Clear-View Glass Polishâ„¢ did not remove from glass. It leaves glass crystal clear and sparkling.