PDA

View Full Version : Buying a PC 7424 locally?

Shenlon
04-06-2004, 08:54 AM
What stores, if any, carry the PC 7424 locally? I have a pretty decent selection of stores around me and would really rather not pay the shipping charges if I don`t have to, so can anyone let me know what stores should have it?

**EDIT**

I am also curious as to where I could buy Meguiar`s pads for the PC locally, or if they must be ordered as well. Pardon my ignorance, new to this whole perfectionist detailing :).

Jesstzn
04-06-2004, 09:47 AM
I think Lowes had it but you might want to check the pricing closely .. Places like Coastal Tool had it for $119 including the backing plate. Shipping is only a few $ by FedX ground. Local prices might be a lot higher.

Red Wolf
04-06-2004, 09:53 AM
For the pads check the yellow pages for autobody/paint supply stores most carry meguiars.

For the PC if you in Canada Canadian tire stocks them I believe.

tom p.
04-06-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Shenlon

What stores, if any, carry the PC 7424 locally? I have a pretty decent selection of stores around me and would really rather not pay the shipping charges if I don`t have to, so can anyone let me know what stores should have it?

it may help your cause to mention what state or area you are in...takes a lot of guesswork out of the suggestions.

Shenlon
04-06-2004, 10:10 AM
Sorry, i`m in Midlothian, VA just south of Richmond. I`m mainly just looking to find out if I can get it at large chain stores or do I need to try and find some of the smaller specialty stores and call around?

racsos
04-06-2004, 10:20 AM
I Bought mine from lowes at $109. It didnt have a backing plate. I looked everywhere for the pads and i had no luck, but i am in IL.

tom p.
04-06-2004, 10:21 AM
well, I think as Jess notes, you should try Home Depot and Lowe`s. Be aware that they are not always referred to as "7424". It can actually have different P/Ns based upon which market it`s being sold to.

My unit, purchased at a woodworking store, is called a (9)7336 since it technically is a sander w/dust collection and other doo-dads for wordworking.

Will you recognize the unit if you see it in a store?....don`t get hung up on the "7424" part number thing.

The pads are sort of a specialty item. I don`t know if you`d even find them in a body shop supply store in the smaller diameters we seek. I wouldn`t waste my time chasing around looking for them...just hook up with one of the fine vendors here at Autopia and order them on-line...you`ll end up with what you want and save a bunch of gasoline!

Shenlon
04-06-2004, 10:39 AM
Thanks for the information and quick replies.

imported_jaobrien6
04-06-2004, 12:13 PM
The one you find at Lowe`s will be the 7336, which already comes with the 6" counterweight, but no velcro backing plate. It`s normally priced at $109 + tax. I think you`ll find that the coastal tool package is a little cheaper because you won`t have to pay tax and you`ll get a backing plate already for $126 shipped.

I actually got mine at Lowe`s when they were having a 20% off all power tools sale just before Xmas. If they do that again sometime soon, that`s definitely the best place to get one.

John