PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Detail QD

Pages : [1] 2

imported_Larry A
04-05-2004, 09:02 PM
Used a new qd today called Perfect Detail . According to the directions it can be used in bright sunlight and warm surface. I DIDNT LIKE IT. Although it looked very good and glossy, when the sun went down it showed a lot of streakes. I used a cotton towel to wipe it off, next time Ill try a m.f. towel and see what happends. If its still streaky Perfect Detail will then become clay lube . Before I always used Eagle One WnS and never had any trouble with streaking.

94BlkStang
04-05-2004, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by lawrencea

Used a new qd today called Perfect Detail . According to the directions it can be used in bright sunlight and warm surface. I DIDNT LIKE IT. Although it looked very good and glossy, when the sun went down it showed a lot of streakes. I used a cotton towel to wipe it off, next time Ill try a m.f. towel and see what happends. If its still streaky Perfect Detail will then become clay lube . Before I always used Eagle One WnS and never had any trouble with streaking.

If you want a great quick detailer, then I would recommend Meguiars Final Detail. This is usually only availabe at a body shop supply store and they may have to order it in. It comes in a gallon container and costs about $17.00. This QD is awesome and you won`t be sorry.:D

BlueRanger
04-06-2004, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by 94BlkStang

If you want a great quick detailer, then I would recommend Meguiars Final Detail. This is usually only availabe at a body shop supply store and they may have to order it in. It comes in a gallon container and costs about $17.00. This QD is awesome and you won`t be sorry.:D

Second that, I had just washed my truck with QEW, waxed with S100 3 weeks prior, and there was ZERO slickness, I busted out the QD, and the slickness was back, and i kid you not, i swear, my paint was glowing! I just love lookin at my truck, sitting among a bunch of dirty beasts, and thar she is, glowing like a little star....

runnerbl
04-06-2004, 01:06 AM
Is there such a thing as final detail? I can only find final inspection or quick detail....

Never mind...found it

What is difference between Final Detail, Quik Detail and Final Inspection.....?

Brian

Pats300zx
04-06-2004, 07:10 AM
What is difference between Final Detail, Quik Detail and Final Inspection.....?

Meguiars Products:

Final Inspection #34 is body shop safe (no silicones)

Final Detail (contains silicones)

imported_Larry A
05-13-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by lawrencea

Used a new qd today called Perfect Detail . According to the directions it can be used in bright sunlight and warm surface. I DIDNT LIKE IT. Although it looked very good and glossy, when the sun went down it showed a lot of streakes. I used a cotton towel to wipe it off, next time Ill try a m.f. towel and see what happends. If its still streaky Perfect Detail will then become clay lube . Before I always used Eagle One WnS and never had any trouble with streaking. In all fairness I gave Perfect Detail another chance , I played with it a little and I got it to work great . The secret seems to be is after you spray and wipe and finish the car , you go over it with a mf towel dry .All the streakes are gone and you are left with a super glossy finish.

Bill D
05-13-2004, 02:35 PM
You can find Final Detail at

http://www.premiumautocare.com

http://www.kleen-ritecorp.com

I know there are others as well. I think I recall seeing a nice 5 gallon jug :D of FD at www.autobodydepot.com

04BlackAV
05-13-2004, 03:06 PM
Is there a big difference between the Quik Detail in the maroon bottle you see in stores and FD.I have used #34 and QD but haven`t tried FD and was wondering if it was like QD.

maecrispy
05-13-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by 94BlkStang

Have you used Z-6, WG`s QD, or QS?

I`m currently using WG QD but I`m not completely satisfied with it. Not as slick as Zaino (although pretty easy to use.) Not quite as glossy as Z-6 either.

I`ve heard good things about QS and now Meg`s FD. I`m just wondering if you have any first hand knowledge of any of the other 3 as compared to Meg`s FD. At $17/gallon, it`s a whole lot cheaper than WG, Z-6, and even QS.

Soarer V
05-13-2004, 04:58 PM
I hear Final Detail will be replaced, what was wrong with the original? What will be the new improvements?

MikeD
05-19-2004, 09:52 AM
If you guys havent heard, the latest I heard was that several companies are trying to model their final detail/quick detailer sprays after Amino-UV`s Spray gloss enhancer. Its a polymer based synthetic spray that leaves no streak or smear and has color enhancer in it.... I used it on my wife car (black) its the bomb! http://www.amino-uv.com/sge.html

94BlkStang
05-19-2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by maecrispy

Have you used Z-6, WG`s QD, or QS?

I`m currently using WG QD but I`m not completely satisfied with it. Not as slick as Zaino (although pretty easy to use.) Not quite as glossy as Z-6 either.

I`ve heard good things about QS and now Meg`s FD. I`m just wondering if you have any first hand knowledge of any of the other 3 as compared to Meg`s FD. At $17/gallon, it`s a whole lot cheaper than WG, Z-6, and even QS.

Sorry I can`t compare to the other ones you mentioned as I haven`t used them. I just can`t imagine anything being that much better than the Final Detail for the price. I understand it`s being replaced with a product that is every bit as good if not better. Issues with VOC`s is causing some manufacturers to reformulate. All I can suggest is pick up a gallon and try it. I think you`ll find it to your liking.:D

imported_pugoman
05-19-2004, 12:02 PM
I`ve just started using FD this past week and I have to say it`s a pretty impressive QD. I had been using QS but switched to FD due to the excellent value.

As BlueRanger says - it makes your paintwork glow!

trueblueblood
05-19-2004, 12:16 PM
I`ve got to throw Clearkote`s quik shine in the mix. You know most QD do what they do but don`t expect a whole world of difference from one to another. But Quik shine I would say is now my favorite plus it works good on windows and chrome and I`ve never seen my metallic pop so much after a QD. Hope that helps!:xyxthumbs But Final Inspection would be my second choice!

imported_RIC
05-19-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Soarer V

I hear Final Detail will be replaced, what was wrong with the original? What will be the new improvements?

Where did you hear that it was going to be replaced and when? I hope that it is not true and will have to stock up on it if it is true.

trueblueblood...I think you would like Final Detail even better than QS.