PDA

View Full Version : how should i prep before NXT?

imported_John
04-05-2004, 06:55 PM
after reading up on the long thread in the detailing products forum, im reading that NXT does in fact have some cleaning ability.... so far, my car has Zaino on it.... but that has been on it for a year, so hopefully most of that stuff is gone.... but now my car needs major prep work, but after seeing what NXT does as a topper.... i dunno what to do....

i was just gonna do the usual wash, clay... and thats where it ends.. i dunno what i should do to clean the swirl marks off... i was thinkin 1Z MP since i work pretty much 1 mile from teh US distributor of Einzett... but would NXT negate the effects of that stuff?

i really wanna give NXT a try since my coworker and i bought a bottle at the IAS in LA.... and im tired of the whole zaino process... i just want a clean car now.... that, and i hate teh zaino`s love for attracting dust...

thanks

Mike_Phillips
04-05-2004, 07:10 PM
The cleaners in NXT are so sleight that it`s not like using a real cleaner/wax. Meguiar’s already has plenty of those, take A-1216 Meguiar`s Cleaner/Wax, or the new ColorX cleaner/wax for example.

The A-1216 Cleaner/wax is a very mild cleaner/wax and Tech Wax doesn`t even come close to it in cleaning ability. Besides that, the cleaners are microscopic, and breakdown very quickly at the very beginning of the application, it`s not like your using a compound or something.

As far as surface prep goes, just clay and then use a paint cleaner or a cleaner/polish by hand or machine, and then apply the Tech Wax, your results should be as good as mine.

Here`s Tech Wax in full sun, after a quick pass with #83 DACP on a W-8006 on the PC on the 4.0 setting. (previously had multiple coats of Zaino)

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/2AlexsCorvetteFinished1.jpg

Apply two thin coats with at least an hour between the second coat, 12 hours is best.

Mike

Scottwax
04-06-2004, 12:06 AM
I agree with Mike. Just do your standard prep work and top with NXT. For an even wetter look, use Meguiars #16 over NXT.