PDA

View Full Version : NXT in the way???

breakneckvtec
04-05-2004, 12:56 PM
I applied NXT a little over a month ago. It does seem diminished but not gone I dont think.

I plan to redo my protectant layers. My new combo will be VM topped with a couple coats of EX-P and then maybe S100 as a carnuba topper.

My question is this, do I need to do something pre VM to remove NXT? Can I go right to the VM and on from there? I plan to do maybe 2 coats of VM, if a panel shows benefit from an additional coat. Thanks.

imported_memnuts
04-05-2004, 01:02 PM
VM will remove NXT... Zaino, Klasse, WG, UPP, BFII, etc.

No problem. You will love the VM. Great for clearcoated rims and glass also.

tpgsr
04-05-2004, 01:05 PM
Yeah, the vanilla moose will work just fine, I have tried the VM with EX-p, and it was really nice!

I have also used it on the chrome exhaust tips, and it looks sharp as can be! Best of luck!

Gadfly
04-05-2004, 01:29 PM
Then again, a shot of the NXT "Booster Wax" might very well bring your car up to concours value. Give the stuff a chance.

breakneckvtec
04-05-2004, 02:34 PM
I wasnt going to do it...but I cant help it...

NXT booster wax will bring my paint to the level of concours? Over what? VM - EX-P? Combos are combos, if I didnt try things, I wouldnt be autopian. I tried NXT, its at the back of my shelf. It smeared. I stripped it down, applied thin via PC, waited 20 min per instructions and it still smeared. No thanks. I prefer user friendly items.

NXT IMO was a fad, it was hyped up and for a while people fell into the marketing propoganda and hoopla that surrounded it. Almost like seeing it for more than it is because we were told to. Once that wore off and the real opinions formed, through comparison we found where it really stacked up. And heres my assesment on it:

Slick - yeah, for like a week after application

Beading - Yeah, for like a week after application

Easy on off - easy on, smearing is an issue for me when removing

Durability - been on my car for about a month, its diminished but there I think, nothing to write home about

Swirl hiding filling ability - I noticed none

For what it is, its great, a consumer level easily available product that provides a good initial look. Outside of that I found NXT to be nothing spectacular. Maybe I will try it over VM on my rims, outside of that, it wont see much more use...

Thanks for the replies on VM, cant wait to try this stuff...