PDA

View Full Version : Chrome ????

Vettecor
04-03-2004, 06:16 PM
What product does everyone recommend for Chrome?

I have a 1962 Ford Thunderbird that I am getting ready for upcoming carshows and want something that really makes the chrome stand out!

There is a little bit of oxidation on some of the chrome (around the bumpers).

I used Klasse AIO today and they look pretty good, but wanted to know what the experts think.

Thanks as always.

Larry

kustomsol
04-03-2004, 06:31 PM
I`ve been partial to Semichrome, but would like to hear what others have to say. Semichrome does take a lot of elbow grease.

imported_WCD
04-03-2004, 06:55 PM
One Grand`s first product in 1933 was chrome polish and I really like it a lot!

R Regan

Vettecor
04-04-2004, 09:31 AM
Any other suggestions? Would Meguire`s All Metal Polish #28 be good?

If so, can I purchase at local autoparts store?

Thanks

Larry

Anthony O.
04-04-2004, 10:12 AM
Hi Larry,

I use this product http://www.topoftheline.com/rolmetpolkit.html for my metal cleaning and polishing needs and they work great.

Thier is a "compund" and it may be a bit too aggressive for your needs so all you may need is the medium cleaner (in the smaller tin) and the polish (in the white plastic jar).

I know it says "Aluminum Polish" but they work great on chrome also. You can use their metal sealant when all done or a good quality paste wax. If you have any questions ask for Irene and she can help you out.

The One Grand chrome polish is also an excellant polish/cleaner but for chrome only as it will damage aluminum.

Hope that helps,

Anthony

chris0626
04-06-2004, 11:06 PM
Like you, I have honest-to-gawd chrome (not silvery plastic) on my 70s cars. Maybe other, more experienced folks will weigh in and correst me ... but what I do is: When doing regular cleaning/shining, I use Mothers Chrome Polish on it. But on the concours venue, for final shining, I give the chrome a polish with NevrDull. Nothing I`ve tried gives a better shine to good chrome than NevRDull. But ... YMMV.

Anthony O.
04-06-2004, 11:20 PM
Lynn,

Mothers and NevrDull do work great and they are easily bought also!

I have in my notes somewhere a home brew for cleaning chrome that, if I remember correctly, consists of lemon juice and cornstarch......or somethin like that:)

If I find it I`ll post it up.

Take care,

Anthony

flynfrog
04-06-2004, 11:24 PM
i like metal gloss i got it at a car show i think they have a web page at metalgloss.com or something like that dont waste your time with the sealer just get the polish it works verry well on aluminum too

Gonzo
04-07-2004, 06:41 AM
Here`s my `62. Know anyone wanting to buy a documented SR driver (definitely not a show car)?

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=28715

Deanski
04-07-2004, 07:06 AM
AllI can say is FLITZ

Regards,

Deanski