PDA

View Full Version : How much to charge for details?

imported_Infamous
04-02-2004, 02:42 PM
Hello,

Me and my friend are planning on detailing peoples cars over the spring/summer and wondering what prices we should charge.

I want to do the basics like wash, clay, polish, wax. If they want a sealent or something else then they can pay more. I am very familiar with the processes of detailing and spent over $500 in supplies to detail my black Acura Integra GSR. :)

So basically we are just starting out as a private buisness and wondering how much to charge for.

1, Suv`s

2. car`s

3. limo`s

4. bikes

Also interior jobs and package deals.

Here is a car I just did recently.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4287296153

PS. Sorry guys Im still working on taking beter pictures with a camera.

a.k.a. Patrick
04-02-2004, 03:22 PM
Are we talking detailing, or cleaning.....Corner car washes do a decent job for most owners, your of a different breed when you want youur baby detailed.....Are you cleaning gauges, and vents, headliners, spot removing, leather conditioning etc, matts, SMR, etc ? Sealants are a givin in my details, i dont charge extra for them, thats why they come to me. You`ll find if you take it to the extra mile you`ll have your clientelle. You need to charge according to your package. Dont get me wrong, I also do washes, there not really where the $ is though.....

Example, my packages start at $159.00 for small, and go to $220.00 for large SUV`s.

imported_Infamous
04-02-2004, 05:48 PM
Sealents take longer to do, (Klasse anyways) thats why I asked and I have ALOT of supplies. Guages,vents are easy to do. I have a steam cleaner to do carpets. I have leather protectant.I have a porter cable with dacp for polishing and I have other polishing products also I have dash cleaner and protectant. Interior doesnt take long to do and it depends on the car. Thats where the pricing comes in. Anyone else want to say how much they charge? thanks for comments so far

vwjettak2gti16v
04-02-2004, 06:16 PM
most people on here figure out how long it takes to do what you do then charge 30 - 40 / hr