PDA

View Full Version : #16 over NXT at 1 month

Don
04-01-2004, 08:42 PM
After over 1,000 miles, seemingly endless rain and a few good (?) snows, I got to wash the car yesterday. In early March the car had 2 coats of NXT followed later by a coat of #16. During the wash yesterday, nearly all of the dirt & grime came off with no heavy rubbing...there were only a few really small stubborn spots.

The GC wash worked really well and during the rinse, any body panel hit directly with water (spray or stream) the water sheeted off with medium to quick speed. However, any body panel that got "splashed" when I rinsed a neighboring panel beaded quite well, the only exception being the extreme leading edge of the hood (which takes quite a beating).

After drying, I stepped back and gave the car a good look-over. The finish looked like it had just been waxed, and was as deep and wet as the day I applied the NXT/#16.

I would have taken pics, but there was no point. If I can`t see a difference in person, you sure wouldn`t be able to tell with photos.

It still looks like this:

imported_ajbarnes
04-01-2004, 08:46 PM
That`s awesome!! I`m especially excited because I just ordered some #16 for the first time!:xyxthumbs

Scottwax
04-01-2004, 08:54 PM
I have similar results with my own car and customer`s vehicles....either #20/#16 or NXT/#16.

AMP01
04-01-2004, 10:01 PM
Don M,

I also have had great results with NXT x 2 and a #16 topper on my titanium silver 7 - very wet and reflective. Here is a pic.

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/2805740i_sport_corner_angle_in_garage_for_web_11-17-03.jpg

Cheers,

imported_Terry
04-01-2004, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by ajbarnes

That`s awesome!! I`m especially excited because I just ordered some #16 for the first time!:xyxthumbs Me too:wavey

Scottwax
04-01-2004, 11:57 PM
Andrew-your 740 looks great! You better double check to see that there are no runs in the paint now since it looks so wet!

AMP01
04-02-2004, 12:43 AM
Thanks Scott! Coming from you, that is definitely a compliment! :D

I have been wanting to try Wolfgang and FMJ but for the ease of use and the fact that I already own this combo, it makes it difficult to try something else.

By the way Scott, is Wolfgang any easier to use than NXT? Does it have the same depth and wetness as NXT? #16 seems like an easy alternative topper to almost any sealant at this point.

Cheers,

Scottwax
04-02-2004, 10:51 PM
Andrew-Wolfgang is easier to spread than NXT because it is a thinner liquid. Both are easy to remove. Both are very reflective and wet looking, but WG is more `liquid` looking, kind of like S100 vs Souveran.

Wolfgang definitely stays slicker longer....with one exception...an white single stage paint Accord. After two months with AIO/NXT, it felt just as slick as a new Lexus I had used WG on two weeks ago. And yes, the cars were side by side and the girl who owns the Accord agreed about the slickness.