PDA

View Full Version : Scuffed Door Step

zey
04-01-2004, 08:30 AM
I notice my friends/colleagues scuffed my plastic door steps recently. Does anyone here experience the same thing? I think it`s due to the friction between sand on their shoes and the plastic door steps. Is there anyway to overcome this problem? Or it is part of the wear and tear process?

Mr Monk
04-01-2004, 08:51 AM
When that happens to me Zey I usually shoot them and dump their bodies on the side of the road !!! (Only kidding! Don`t report me, I`m not a crazed terrorist!!!)

Unfortunately that problem is part of car ownership. I usually fix the scuffs with a good vinyl protectant. Just wipe on with an MF and they usually come right out, or at least minimized to the point where you can`t see them.

Hope this helps

tom p.
04-01-2004, 08:55 AM
http://www.homemadesimple.com/mrclean/images/products/usage_eraser.jpg

zey
04-01-2004, 08:56 AM
I did try to apply some AG Rubber & Vinyl Care on it...it helps to minimise abit...but still I feel heartache. It`s my own car and I take care of it so well...but in the end other people are damaging it! :mad:

MBZ 500E
04-01-2004, 11:07 AM
I believe 3M makes a door sill protector which is clear and would at least keep your car in original condition when your friends get in and out. Try doing a google search I know I`ve seen it before. It`s clear so no one will notice it except you.

As others have already said this unfortunately is a part of car ownership and it`s hard to avoid. The other day I watched a guy get into my MB and he slammed his sneakers into the door sill. I looked......was about to get really pissed:angry and realized I needed to keep my cool. He was smogging the car so pissing him off would be a bad idea. Anyways no damage done this time.

Good luck and let us know if you find the clear protectant.

Tom,

That Magic Eraser is simply amazing. I compare it to a clay bar on the paint, it reaches into crevices and removes unwanted dirt but doesn`t harm the original surface. My wife loves this stuff. And no I never thought of trying it on the car, does it easily remove scuffs without damaging paint/plastic?

jasonatv22
04-01-2004, 12:11 PM
It`s just wear and tear. But you might want to let your mates know that they should be on their best behaviour when entering and exiting your car.

You might be able to pick up the plastic sill for cheap or free at a salvage yard. I`m not one to hang out at salvage yards, but the few times I`ve been to them, they don`t tend to care much about plastic parts like that.

reevis
04-01-2004, 12:34 PM
Yeah...that irritates me too but I think it`s just part of car ownership.

I think that is one area of a car...if you can keep scuffs to a minimum...it keeps the car looking new.