PDA

View Full Version : Interior/ Wx Q.

MDeGe
04-01-2004, 07:37 AM
Im detailing a car this weekend, and the interior seats are white leather. And they are dirty ! :eek: I mostly just use the MGC Wipes but thats not going to work. Any ideas ?

Also, I`ve used Detail King`s Cherry Wax and am pretty satisfied, but is there something better out there, that I`m just missing ?

togwt
04-01-2004, 08:38 AM
~One man’s opinion / observations ~

a)Cleaning- apply a cleaning solution (Water /Woolite or Dreft 6:1 ratio or stronger) on to an applicator pad and apply to one area at a time (i.e. a seat back). Gently agitate the surface with a boar’s hair cleaning brush. This removes stubborn grime and will not harm the leather. Use a clean, damp Microfiber towel to rinse the leather. Dependent upon the leathers condition or how dirty it is consider a Leather cleaning and/or conditioning product (Leatherique)

b) Maintenance- recommend a preventative maintenance "face lift" three to four times a year, once prior to the winter season to prevent cold crack of leather, and once before the heat of the summer to prevent deterioration and shrinkage of heat which result in continued cracking of leather. In addition to regular cleaning, leather requires replacement of natural oils; Collagen-based products restore the lost moisture and maintain it’s natural flexibility. (The smell of leather comes from oils evaporating out of the hide. Once every 30-60 days, Arizona, Florida and Texas, especially in summer (northern climates between 90-120 days), use a leather conditioner to restore these natural oils and keep the leather soft and supple. Groit’s leather cleaner is a good maintenance product

c) UV Protection- you should consider additional sunscreen protection (especially if you own a convertible) Leather conditioners typically do not offer any UV screening. The best solution is to alternate between a leather conditioner and 303 Aerospace Protect rant. One month use a conditioner to keep the leather healthy and supple. On alternate months mist and wipe the leather with 303 protectant to add UV protection. After application allow an hour for product to cure, then using a 100% cotton cloth lightly buff surface.

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

justadumbarchitect *so I question everything*

imported_ajbarnes
04-01-2004, 12:17 PM
TOGWT is right on the money.:up

As far as Cherry wax, I don`t know anything about it, but you should do a search on it and other products to see what you think will work best for the vehicle(s) you have to do.:wavey