PDA

View Full Version : Color sanding to remove swirls and imperfections

chu_singming
03-31-2004, 09:20 PM
Hey guys, my truck is 9 years old, and I`m looking for a way to get the paint in as good of condition as I can. The paint right now is in pretty good shape, I just have a swirl problem because it was taken through automatic carwashes almost it`s entire life. I have a PC and DACP didn`t touch my swirls.

I was going to try some 3M PIII but I was watching a show about color sanding and that seems like a good way to sort of "start over" with a clean slate. Why question is, if I color sand my whole truck, will it remove the moderate swirls that I have? I figured it would remove some slight clear coat scratches that I have as well. My plan is to color sand, followed up with DACP, AIO, SG, and NXT.

Any thoughts on this? Good idea or bad?

jimmybuffit
04-01-2004, 06:11 AM
Probably a very bad idea! You may have some *areas* that need wetsanding, but doing the entire car? I don`t think so. Some heavy compounding, maybe.

I`d be more than happy to look at your paint and offer some first hand advice and suggestions. PM me if you want to stop by my shop in Zionsville/Carmel.

Jim

chu_singming
04-04-2004, 07:23 PM
Ok, does anyone else have any other suggestions?