PDA

View Full Version : Topping MP- Wait Time?

Accumulator
03-31-2004, 12:20 PM
Mike- I`m finding out that efficiency isn`t just a buzzword at 1Z and that I can often streamline my usual approaches when using your products. So...

When topping 1Z Metallic Polish *with a non-1Z product*, I always wait at least overnight before applying the topper. Whether using Ultimate Paint Protection (formerly "Platinum") or paste wax, I allow the MP to "cure" a while.

Is this necessary?

BTW, I recognize that it`s sorta unfair to ask about topping with other manufacturers` products, but I`m asking anyhow :o

Mike @ einszett
03-31-2004, 12:53 PM
No problem :)

It depends on the temperature, humidity, etc.

It shouldn`t take longer than a half hour for the solvents in the product to evaporate completely on a day that`s in the 70`s.

It`s very difficult if not impossible to physically measure how much product remains on the paintwork. As far as I know, there isn`t a tool that can accurately tell you what remains on the surface.

Hope this helps... a little at least.

Regards,

Accumulator
03-31-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Mike @Einszett

It depends on the temperature, humidity, etc. ..It shouldn`t take longer than a half hour for the solvents in the product to evaporate completely on a day that`s in the 70`s.

Thanks, Mike. Sounds like the overnight waiting is unnecessary. I wasn`t sure if the waxes in MP were the kind that remain "fragile" for a while.

jet_m3
04-05-2004, 02:36 PM
accumulator,

Have you played around with express after using mp? We did on a jet black m5 and have to say it truely did increase the gloss. In less than perfect lighting it is difficult to see but once under direct fluorescent in the garage, the difference was immediate.

Accumulator
04-05-2004, 02:53 PM
jet_m3- No, I haven`t tried the Express. Heh heh, sounds like maybe I oughta, huh? I recently got some Menzerna FP to try as per Gonzo`s suggestion, but I`m not thrilled at the prospect of removing everything the MP leaves behind...maybe the Express would be a "best of both worlds" solution.

Thanks for the tip.

Do you use the Express with a polishing pad or a finishing pad?

jet_m3
04-05-2004, 09:41 PM
So far we`ve used it with the white lcm pad. No mist, use polish sparingly b/c I`ve found it likes to be worked in. I set the pc around 5 and use very light pressure until the polish starts disappearing. Seems as though it keeps breaking down finer and finer and really enhances the mp which I thought looked great up until this point. Once I turned the machine on and did a quick once over before I got to work, I could already notice the difference. We will be doing wp soft with black finishing pad soon, but I`m sure we could have used that instead of the express for more gloss with the white pad. We`re still playing around with the polishes to get a very thorough grasp of what each one does.

Accumulator
04-06-2004, 11:55 AM
jet_m3- OK, that`s about what I would`ve done. The car I`m use 1Z (the S8) on can`t be waxes for another month or so, so I`m looking into how to upgrade from my previous combo. Sounds like I`ll be using either the WaxPolish Soft or the Express after the MP. And THEN topping with UPP (formerly Platinum).

grt1today
09-08-2004, 02:11 PM
Hey, where are you guys getting the proline of einzett polishes from? All I`ve been able to find are the consumer versions. I`ve been wanting the try WPS and Express polishes and waxes etc...

Bill D
09-08-2004, 02:12 PM
I think of Nick of Detailers Paradise sells, but you must call for them

VegasShawn
09-09-2004, 12:13 AM
http://www.detailersparadise.com is selling the pro-line stuff on the website now. As a matter of fact, I ordered a big container of "Waxpolish Soft" today.