PDA

View Full Version : Window Water Stains

jab
03-31-2004, 11:48 AM
What is the best polish or methode for removing water stains on a new windshield? This happend one day when i parked at a hotel lott. The sprinklers went off early in the morning, this really pissed me off.. Advise would be appreciated. I have tried everything but my PC. I know some products out there can be uesd with a PC, but i am not sure if these will scratch the window or not.

togwt
03-31-2004, 12:08 PM
Quote: Window Water Stains

~One man’s opinion / observations ~

a)Removing water spots:

·Use water/distilled white vinegar or an Isopropanol Alcohol solution, 5:1 (adjust ratio as required) or try equal parts distilled white vinegar, Isopropanol Alcohol and distilled water to dissolve the alkaline-based mineral water deposits.

·Wipe off any residue from glass and dry with a damp waffle weave towel

·If any ‘water spots’ remain apply Distilled White Vinegar un-diluted to a 100% cotton micro fibre towel, using a medium/heavy pressure on glass surface.

·If this does not remove the ‘water spots’ use Autoglym Car Glass Polish and #0000 steel wool.

·Wipe off any residue from glass and dry with a damp waffle weave towel

·Inspect glass for clarity and smoothness. Repeat if necessary.

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

justadumbarchitect *so I question everything*

jab
03-31-2004, 12:28 PM
Sounds like a good system. I have heard of Autoglym but have been hesitant to use it, thinking that it may scratch the window.

togwt
03-31-2004, 12:31 PM
In of itself Autoglym isn`t that abrasive, applied with a white foam pad and a PC will make it abrasive enough to polish out `minor` scratches

dternst
03-31-2004, 12:35 PM
Ducky`s Water Spot Remover

Jcrawford
03-31-2004, 11:38 PM
autoglym is really good stuff. do exactly as TOGWT said and you should have spot free and SMOOTH glass.:up

membim
04-02-2004, 10:36 AM
Detailer`s Pride makes a nice glass polish that will help you with the spots.