PDA

View Full Version : Zaino/s100 Carnuba Process and Maintenance

saga2628
03-31-2004, 11:09 AM
Hello all. Just joined and wanted to get started detailing my black 97 Supra immediately.

Here`s the game plan based on some research I`ve done for the last few days. I`m totally new to detailing so feel free to add your input.

*Wash with dawn

*Zaino Clay bar

*Wash again with z7

*3M swirl remover - with porter cable and a yellow pad

*Zaino z2 w ZFX polish with porter cable (4-5 coats) with a yellow pad

*s100 Carnuba with microfiber cloth

*Zaino z6 with microfiber cloth

My question is in regards to the maintenance. If I washed my car on a weekly basis should I just reapply the s100 Carnuba and the z6 on top of that? Would I ever be able to apply more coats of z2 or do I have to dawn wash the carnuba off first? I probably wouldn`t want to go that route. Would it even be worth adding more coats of z2 or does reapplying the s100 and z6 provide adequete protection and shine?

What are your recomendations for maintenance going forward...monthly...yearly..

imported_Greg
03-31-2004, 11:41 AM
Well I`m not sure why you applied the Z2 with a yellow pad, that would seem to me that you would be taking off each subsequent layer because of the aggressiveness of the pad. Also, I wouldn`t really feel the need to use Z6 if I topped with a carnauba because its so expensive compared to something like Megs. Final Detail which works great on carnauba. As for reapplying the Z2, I probably wouldn`t. You could do a dawn wash and get most of the carnauba off and then reapply some more Z2, but I probably wouldn`t do it. This has been discussed many times and topping Zaino with a carnauba defeats a lot of Zainos strong points.

Jesstzn
03-31-2004, 11:44 AM
You might want to change the routine a bit to a dawn wash after the 3m to remove the fillers/oils prior to the Zaino.

Wash with anything

Clay

3m SMR yellow pad if needed .. try white pad first.

dawn wash

Zaino *but by hand not machine. And only 3 layers per day .. Using a yellow pad to apply Z2 I think your going to fill it with swirls.

To apply more Z2 you need to dawn wash off the S100