PDA

View Full Version : Windscreen Cleaner - Tinted Windows?

Fleet
03-31-2004, 09:57 AM
Hello, I received some glass cleaner from einzett, and was wondering if it was suitable for use on tinted windows? I`ve been using stoners, but detailparadise.com threw in some of the einzett with my order. The perls shampoo is the best, by the way. I`ve been using a lot of the einzett products for the last year, and am very happy with them. Refilled them all. But I am concerned the window cleaner may damage the tint on my windows.

Thanks

Mike @ einszett
03-31-2004, 12:55 PM
Thanks for your question. The answer is...

Absolutely without a doubt!! :xyxthumbs

Just keep in mind (and this is a note to everyone who uses Windscreen Clear-Scheibenklar) that it`s concentrated.

So spray sparingly. You can dilute the product and it will still be very effective. If you spray too much, it will build up. Just a little goes a long way :D

Regards,

guso
03-31-2004, 02:01 PM
Mike,

Can you please clarify your answer, "absolutly without a doubt", what?

It will damage the tints or It can be used?

Thanks

Mike @ einszett
03-31-2004, 03:31 PM
Yes it is safe. Otherwise, I would say `no` with a thumbsdown :)

Ammonia-based glass cleaners like Windex damage tint.

From the factory website:

http://www.1z-usa.com/sys-tmpl/windscreenglasscleaners1/

Windscreen Clear 500 ml (17 oz)

Windscreen Clear is a concentrated special cleaner for all types of glass and windscreens and for enameled and smooth surfaces in the kitchen area. Reliable, streak-free and fast in removing dirt, grease, wax and silicone. Ammonia-free formula is safe on tint. Will not harm paintwork, chrome or rubber. Environmentally safe, propellant-free. Suitable for plastic headlight lenses. Can be diluted 2:1.

Regards,

jet_m3
03-31-2004, 09:45 PM
Mike,

I LOVE the glass cleaner and I got it from Nick at DP also. It is amazing with his glass cleaning cloth. What do you mean it will build up if you spray too much? I too have found it very strong and seemingly concentrated but am too lazy to dilute it :p

Jcrawford
03-31-2004, 11:27 PM
what`s the difference between windscreen clear and glass cleaner?? just the concentration?

also how much do you have to order from DP for them to throw in some free stuff?? i think my upcoming order is somewhere around $80 and growing.

jet_m3
03-31-2004, 11:51 PM
Same thing, I just said glass cleaner :wavey

Don`t know about the free stuff biz, but I have been shopping from Nick long enough for him to *throw* in a paradise purple which is going to replace one of my big blues. I don`t know anyone else who is this personable and you can talk to him anytime if you have questions. I usually order 100 bux so I get the free shipping. Top bloke in my book.

Jcrawford
04-01-2004, 08:44 AM
On DP there is in fact a glass cleaner (on pg. 1 of the einszett line i think) and then the windscreen clear (on pg. 3) i`m thinking glass cleaner on steroids??? guess it`s worth a try huh?

Jcrawford
04-01-2004, 08:48 AM
nope my bad, it was the glass cleaning bundle, :o . just a little mix up.