PDA

View Full Version : New guy- proposed combo!!

pugsy
03-31-2004, 03:41 AM
Hi, been searching and reading this site for a while and decided I need a bit of help.

The combo I am planning for my car is as follows Clay Bar, Meguiars No.9 and then Klasse twins.

The paint is a dark metallic grey and has alot of swirl marks, is this a good combo, I am in Australia so access to some products is mail order only. I can get Klasse from a local mail order company and the Meguiars easily from automotive shops.

Thanks for any tips!

scottabir
03-31-2004, 06:22 AM
you might need a little more aggressive product than the #9 if the swirls are really bad...maybe something like DACP...i cant see the swirls so it is hard to say. Other than that sounds like you got a good start.

Accumulator
03-31-2004, 11:32 AM
pugsy- Welcome to Autopia. Yeah, I`m pretty sure you`ll need something more aggesssive than the #9. If you can get Meg`s stuff easily, maybe try their #80 Speed Glaze. Stronger than #9, but milder and more user-friendly (IMO) than DACP.

andriver
03-31-2004, 11:37 AM
Welcome pugsy. Agree with Accumulator.

pugsy
03-31-2004, 06:01 PM
thanks everyone, time to go and start purchasing products :D

pugsy
03-31-2004, 06:12 PM
Sorry just another question with the DACP it appears to be a more agressive polish is it ok to apply by hand or would I better off with the milder #80 and apllying that by hand. Thanks.

Accumulator
03-31-2004, 06:20 PM
Some people do fine with DACP by hand, but the #80 breaks down faster and is a lot more likely to leave a ready-to-wax-finish. It (#80) would be MY choice unless you have some more serious marring.

How bad the swirls, etc. are and how hard your paint is will be the determining factors, we`re sorta just guessing until you actually try something.

6cyl's_of_fury
03-31-2004, 07:16 PM
A fellow Aussie! Welcome mate.

PM heading your way...

pugsy
04-01-2004, 07:33 AM
It`s a bit hard to tell so I will give the #80 a try as it seems to be slightly easier to use and see how it turns out. :D