PDA

View Full Version : Klasse SG question

superstring
03-30-2004, 09:39 PM
Hi All

First, my apologies if this has been covered 1000 times before, but I have searched......:)

I`m a first time user of the Klasse twins and I`ve been having a bit of a hard time buffing out my SG applications. I`ve tried BillNorth`s WOWO method, and that actually works pretty well (thanks Bill :) ), but if I try letting the SG sit awhile (one hour, two, 24, doesn`t matter) it`s a complete PITA to buff.......unless I spritz my MF cloth with water.....and then it`s a piece of cake (POC?)!

I know that some use a quick detailer on their buffing cloth but I`m wondering if, by using water, I`m just wiping away the SG?

Thanks!

marktheshark
03-30-2004, 11:06 PM
Sounds like maybe you are putting the SG on too heavy. Someone once posted that you should barely be able to see it. In fact, if you`re wondering if you have enough on there, that`s probably about right...

Hope this helps.

BillNorth
03-31-2004, 10:01 AM
Using water will not wipe away the SG. Your SG will still be there. The problem I`ve had with using water or any QD to aid in the removal of SG is that it causes the SG to develop an oily haze / film that moves in the direction of your last towel swipe. That`s why I stopped removing SG with that method. WOO works the best. Just use that method and you won`t have to worry about anything else. :)

Bill :up

togwt
03-31-2004, 11:05 AM
Quote: Klasse SG question

~One man’s opinion / observations ~

The problem I had initially with the ‘wipe-on, wipe-off’ was that you are removing residue not product.

The other thing that helps with this product is applying it super thin, and as Bill North suggests apply without water/QD.

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

justadumbarchitect *so I question everything*

superstring
03-31-2004, 01:29 PM
Thanks guys!

The problem I`ve had with using water or any QD to aid in the removal of SG is that it causes the SG to develop an oily haze / film that moves in the direction of your last towel swipe.

Bill: Can`t say I`ve noticed this. Do you mean it creates an oily line at the leading edge of the towel or a smear over the entire surface wiped?

The problem I had initially with the ‘wipe-on, wipe-off’ was that you are removing residue not product.

TOGWT: I don`t quite understand. I thought that was the point - to remove residue, not product. :confused:

BillNorth
03-31-2004, 03:27 PM
superstring,

The whole surface of your car will look clouded/hazy because the SG is contaminated. You`ll see the towel swipe over the entire surface wiped.

Gonzo
04-01-2004, 07:32 AM
SONUS is the QD/streak remover of choice in this household.

togwt
04-01-2004, 08:47 AM
TOGWT: I don`t quite understand. I thought that was the point - to remove residue, not product.

You understand perfectly, I just didn`t phrase it well.

Wire on (product), Wipe off (residue)

togwt
04-01-2004, 08:48 AM
s/b Wipe on...etc