PDA

View Full Version : Interior protectants that aren`t so slippery

jimtriz
03-30-2004, 08:08 PM
I had a question to what products will leave a nice matte finish, but not be so slippery to the touch. I ask because I have been detailing the police cruisers for my local town and the back seats are just a solid plastic bench. I have tried several Armor All`s, and the 303 protectant. They seem to leave the plastic clean, but very slick. I`m sure any guests back there are going to enjoy sliding around a bit!!! Also, the floors are just a textured vinyl. No carpet or mats. I have been cleaning the floors with a brush and soapy water and sucking it up with a shop vac. Then going back with the 303 and going for the nice finished look. Again, a bit slick on the floor. Any suggestions? Thanks, Jim.

tom p.
03-30-2004, 08:19 PM
you said you`re spraying it on the seats. It is low-lustre but I don`t know how it would compare to 303 from that perspective.

Another product would be the most excellent 1Z Cockpit Premium which is a light-duty cleaner and doesn`t leave any apparent "finish" except for clean! That product would get pricey if used in quantity.

Spilchy
03-30-2004, 09:43 PM
I`d stick with the 303 and not Armor All. Both relatively cheap so no need to worry about an added expense.

I`d NEVER use Cockpit Premium on a cop car :scared Those punks in the back seat don`t deserve such a nice treatment! ;)

After you use the 303, wipe everything down well with a dry MF. It will cut down on the slickness by absorbing any residue on the surface and work in the product real well.

I do that all the time because everyone tells me to leave a matte, non-slippery surface.

Works great!