PDA

View Full Version : Question with rotary buffers?

IntrstlarOvrdrv
03-30-2004, 05:48 PM
I tried using a rotary the other day on a car that really has bad paint....I was using a wool pad, and using 1Z pp....but when using a rotary, how much product dod you usually use to keep it lubed? What happens when you keep buffing it and it mostly comes off? should I just stop then and take it off by hand, or should I keep going?:nixweiss :confused:

Dinzdale40
04-13-2004, 08:49 PM
with 1z you work it until you have done the desired work....you can take it off wet with a MF

Accumulator
04-14-2004, 09:12 AM
IntrstlarOvrdrv- I haven`t tried a wool pad with the rotary and PP, but with a foam pad, it doesn`t take all that much PP to keep the pad moist. I just use enough that the pad doesn`t skip and I can see the polish while it`s being worked. As Dinzdale40 said, PP isn`t all that particular about how long you work it. You *should* work it long enough to break it down (doesn`t take long by rotary), but other than that, my experiences with it indicate you can take it off while still a bit wet or you can work it until it`s almost gone. I wouldn`t work it until it IS gone though.