PDA

View Full Version : How to use a PC

luvthong
03-30-2004, 03:53 PM
OK, so I fianlly decided to try the PC because using #2 and #9 by hands just doesn`t do any good for my car.

I am going to buy a PC 7336, how should I use it? Should I use it with fast motion and heavy pressure vs slow motion with light pressure? I saw a lot of threads regarding how good PC are but no one really say anything about how to use them effectively.....:confused:

imported_jaobrien6
03-30-2004, 04:00 PM
One of the best PC for beginners threads can be found here: http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/detailing/forum.php?postid=1430487&page=1

tom p.
03-30-2004, 04:24 PM
I think Meguair`s has an instructional video at their website.

Griot`s also has printed instructions that suggest doing 2` squares while maintaining a figure 8 motion.

uk-will
03-30-2004, 04:56 PM
before you go for the 7336, I would check out the 7424 with bonus kit that coastaltool is offering. just a heads-up.

cheers

will

luvthong
03-30-2004, 05:12 PM
Should I use a figure * or the overlap motion? And should I use water to mist the pad? Some said it helps to spread the product and other said it make the product more aggressive?

Accumulator
03-30-2004, 05:43 PM
The motion (figure 8, overlap) isn`t really very critical, the PC is so mild it doesn`t seem to matter. Just try to cover all areas evenly.

Go slowly, and press down on it if you need to. You`re gonna find that it`s not as aggressive as you might expect.

The method on Griot`s instruction sheet is pretty overkill, IMO. Let alone with the mild products and pads that *they* sell.

BUT...I suppose it pays to err on the side of caution here, too.

*I* don`t mist the pad, but some people do. I just saturate the pad with product (not too much, just enough that it`s not a dry pad).