PDA

View Full Version : Comment on NXT

HEK
03-30-2004, 12:46 PM
So Friday I finally decided to detail my car, clayed it, polished it and finally used NXT.....outcome WOW....

Saturday it rained in the morning and then the sun came out strong...so I decided to rinse the car and wipe it down with WAX as You Dry........MISTAKE..... .all my work had now become a car filled with different shades of black, so after trying to kick myself in the butt I took a break and thought out a plan of attack.

I re-applied the NXT with my PC ( took about a 10 minutes for the entire car), waited 15 like the bottle read and buffed it with the wool bonnett..............done deal back to perfect.

Moral of the story...NXT don`t mix well with others...anyone experience this yet?.

Hector

ShawnE94SL
03-30-2004, 01:06 PM
I`ve used S100 over NXT and had no problems. Wax as you Dry, yeah, I can see that happening though. Well, at least now you know not to that again ;)

breakneckvtec
03-30-2004, 03:43 PM
You buffed it off with a wool bonnet :scared

I hope your mistaken, thats the most agressive pad I know of for the PC. That surely would have left behind some pretty nasty micromarring considering no wet polish between it and the paint.

HEK
03-30-2004, 06:06 PM
I don`t know but I`ve used the wool bonnet with a terry bonnet wrapped over it ( as one of the instructions that came with the PC)....but it seemed it took for ever and the shine wasn`t there...but now I wish I had a good camera to show you that I didn`t do any damage...I use it w/out hardly any pressure...maybe I`m not calling it right....is the yellow furry bonnet that is shipped with the PC........:confused:

breakneckvtec
03-30-2004, 06:33 PM
You said you buffed with a wool bonnet

A terry over a wool one is ok I think

Big difference there

Glad to hear its all A OK

HEK
03-30-2004, 07:09 PM
Is lambswool.just read it...in any case thanks for correcting me and for responding...... :up

gentletouch
03-31-2004, 09:17 AM
wool is for "removing" things from your paint. I would not recommend using that method again.

breakneckvtec
03-31-2004, 09:26 AM
HEK, just to clarify, I think he means wool is to remove DEFECTS, not residues from polishes or waxes/sealants.

HEK
03-31-2004, 10:09 AM
OK guys now I`m confused....what is the best pad/ bonnet to remove the haze left from NXT.....

and if you can link a picture, it seems that whatever I do is wrong and after all the work and reading...I`m coming empty handed....

:(