PDA

View Full Version : Need help with mold on an RV

AutoNova
03-29-2004, 05:37 PM
I am doing an RV and it has mold all along the molding on the RV, does anyone have any ideas on how to remove this?

AutoNova
03-29-2004, 05:40 PM
Here is a picture of the RV, 36`.

Frank F.
03-29-2004, 06:49 PM
Is the RV paint or Gel Coat? I can`t tell from the picture. If it is paint, my experience is that Menzerna Power Gloss will remove the mold. Follow this with Menzerna Final Polish and Klasse All In One and you will not have a problem for the next six months to a year. RV`s that are parked with one side facing north will almost always develop this problem. If it is Gel Coat, contact www.propercarcare.com.

AutoNova
03-29-2004, 08:26 PM
How would you tell what type of coating it has on it? It doesn`t appear to have much of a clearcote it is a 1992 so I am assuming paint. The molding seems to be on both sides. Is there anything that I can get locally that will work since I have to fininsh tomorrow?

AutoNova
03-29-2004, 08:30 PM
Would the Menzerna Power Gloss compound be safe on this paint?

Frank F.
03-29-2004, 09:13 PM
Try a solution of 1 part clorox to three parts water. Wipe it on and let it set for 2minutes, rinse and use soap and water. You can make the clorox solution stronger if necessary. It is hard to tell the condition of the finish from your photo.

Frank F.
03-29-2004, 09:16 PM
Menzerna Power Gloss does a fantastic job on an RV as you can see from this photo. Would it be safe on a twelve year old finish like yours? I would have to see the RV before venturing an opinion.