PDA

View Full Version : Some general VM questions...

Pages : [1] 2

breakneckvtec
03-29-2004, 03:31 PM
Its ON THE WAY!!!

Anyway. I was curious, how should I apply?

I have a PC, or I could do it by hand. What process would I use for both as there are some areas the PC cant go.

I was thinking speed around 4ish with a LC white pad? How long do I work it in, if at all? Am I just making a pass and moving on, or go over the areas a few times? Do the whole car first then buff? Or panel by panel? Cure time? 2 layers any benefit? These are some questions I couldnt find answers too through search. Thanks.

imported_jgv
03-29-2004, 03:36 PM
Seriously, with VMW? The way you want. It`s that easy :D

It works great by hand, with PC and polishing pad or finishing pad, apply/remove or work more...Remove at once or remove in the end.

It`s that easy...:xyxthumbs

andriver
03-29-2004, 03:41 PM
Agree with jgv. I usually use a PC to speed things along.

stangclassic66
03-29-2004, 03:45 PM
By hand. You can do it any other way you like, but you use a whole lot LESS when applying it by hand.

I used a MF applicator by hand on a 2000 Expedition and only used .5 ounce worth of product. VM and CMW should be used sparingly as it says on the bottle.

Erik

Sveta
03-29-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by stangclassic66

By hand. You can do it any other way you like, but you use a whole lot LESS when applying it by hand.

I used a MF applicator by hand on a 2000 Expedition and only used .5 ounce worth of product. VM and CMW should be used sparingly as it says on the bottle.

Erik

I agree. By hand, MF. Cover everything, inclding windows.

04lariat
03-29-2004, 05:48 PM
I was recently introduced to VM and CMW used both on my F-150...They are so easy to use by hand. I think you would be wasting product using a PC. I went panel by panel so I could inspect each before moving on.

andriver
03-29-2004, 06:01 PM
In actuality, you tend to use less product when doing by PC then by hand. The product is more evenly and thinly spread.

stangclassic66
03-29-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by andriver

In actuality, you tend to use less product when doing by PC then by hand. The product is more evenly and thinly spread.

I don`t know, but I respectively disagree. It may take .5 oz. for the PC pad to load up as thin as VM is; while it only took me .5 oz to do a full size expedition front to back, top to bottom with a MF applicator.

Erik

Spilchy
03-29-2004, 06:15 PM
I love this stuff. I use it on every conceivable exterior surface including rubber stripping.

Some of you may frown, but I like to saturate (not drench!) a polish pad and put it on speed 5 and bang out the whole car.

I like to let it dry to a haze then buff.

Mr Monk
03-29-2004, 07:03 PM
I`ll add my 2 cents and say... this stuff is great ! :up

I apply by machine at 4 ish setting but that`s just my style.

The results are what count and VM comes through with flying colors !

imported_ajbarnes
03-29-2004, 08:02 PM
I apply by hand and the results are astonishing. VM/CMW is very easy to work with.:up

Mr Monk
03-29-2004, 08:22 PM
ajbarnes... I love the squirrel! Where did you get him?

breakneckvtec
03-29-2004, 10:03 PM
There are some NJ guys here...

NJ guy myself

NE autopia meet :bounce

Scottwax
03-30-2004, 12:06 AM
I apply VM by hand (no buffer anyway!) a panel at a time and remove. Very easy to use, great results. Like the others said, use on windows, rubber trim, flat platic trim, etc.

breakneckvtec
03-30-2004, 03:24 PM
Will VM remove some minor staining in the trim?

Also, is VM strong enough to srip NXT or should I remove the NXT prior to the VM with AIO or something?