PDA

View Full Version : Z6 attracting dust???

ahunt01
03-29-2004, 01:26 PM
I put another layor of Z5 on the car about 2 weeks ago, and finally got off my duff to wash it yesterday. Boy was it dirty!

Anyrate, I felt tired after I washed it, and skipped out Z6-ing my car. I brought the car outside in the sun this morning and no dust... I drove my car for a couple hours today on dusty roads, came home and looked at it in the sun again, and no dust...

It seems that the Z6 is attracting dust? Has anyone else noticed this? This is the first time I`ve washed the car without spritzing the car down with Z6, but so far I`m more pleased without using it. It could be a fluke, so the next time I`m going to Z6 half the car and compare then...

oldmodman
03-29-2004, 01:48 PM
I haven`t noticed any extra dust after using Z-6 but maybe that`s due to the way I use it.

I have an 03 Ford Cobra-Yellow, and whenever I get home from a drive the rear quarter panels are covered in brake dust. I go over the car with a duster, then Z-6, then cover it in the garage. Maybe whatever is attracting the dust has evaporated by the next time I drive it.

ahunt01
03-29-2004, 01:53 PM
Well I`ve always been under the impression that Z6 had anti-static properties that prevented dust from sticking to the car. Hence, I`ve always used Z6 after washing my black car. But this is the first time I didn`t do that, and it appears to attract less dust.

SergC
03-29-2004, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by ahunt01

Well I`ve always been under the impression that Z6 had anti-static properties that prevented dust from sticking to the car. Hence, I`ve always used Z6 after washing my black car. But this is the first time I didn`t do that, and it appears to attract less dust.

I have noticed the same thing.

In fact, it was My only beef with Zaino in general...it`s dust attraction...

One day I`ve tried FD, as I always QD after Z-2/Z-5 application,and:bounce there was almost no dust.

Now I love Z 100%:D

ahunt01
03-29-2004, 11:06 PM
Cool. Well it`s been all day long and I still notice hardly any dust, or pollen. Normally now I see a buttload of dust and pollen on the car, but it`s only minimal.