PDA

View Full Version : CR-V Gets Some NXT!

imported_RadMon
03-29-2004, 07:19 AM
The weather and my schedule finally decided to cooperate and I had some chance to work on my home vehicles. (`04 TSX and `03 CR-V). So I decided to give the NXT (which has been sitting on my shelf for a while) a test run.

The weather was very nice with temps in the high 70s and pretty low humidity. It was completely cloudless when I started and completely covered by the time I`d finished 5 hours later (2 hours for each vehicle with a one hour lunch break).

Overall, the NXT wax is an incredible consumer value. It definitely did not go on or off the easiest but it was easy to work with (no weird hazing or diffucult spots, no trim staining and no dusting) and provided great results.

Both vehicles are about 10 months old and I just washed them with Meg`s GC and then AIO`ed them to clear off the winter grime. The TSX got just a single coat of NXT so that I could compare it with my previously used Pinnacle Paste Glaz (or Liquid Souveran) and topped with Meg`s QD. The CR-V got the same but I topped it with S100.

The TSX came out very favorable and I`ll now have to experiment with which of my QD`s would work best at providing a bit of extra pop. I just want to test durabiilty of the NXT alone right now.

The CR-V looked good as well. It`s a medium brown (Sahara something) with a nice gold metallic fleck. The NXT gave it a great look and S100 definitely added the extra pop I was looking for.

Below are the links for some of the pics I took of the CR-V. Unfortuantely, the sun and clouds didn`t want to cooperate so the exposures aren`t as brilliant as they could have been (in other words, the pics don`t do justice, IMHO, to the result).

CR-V Pic #1 (http://strongsignals.net/polished/photos/viewer.cgi?image=crv1_1.jpg&title=2003%20Honda%20CR-V)

CR-V Pic #2 (http://strongsignals.net/polished/photos/viewer.cgi?image=crv1_2.jpg&title=2003%20Honda%20CR-V)

CR-V Pic #3 (http://strongsignals.net/polished/photos/viewer.cgi?image=crv1_3.jpg&title=2003%20Honda%20CR-V)

(For you sticklers, the wheels were cleaned with Meg`s #36, tires dressed with Meg`s High Endurance, windows inside and out got Stoner`s with MFs, interior trim got Vinylex and exterior trim got Meg`s #40).

Meguiar`s has always been a staple in my product line-up and the NXT surely continues a fine tradition of value-based products!

UtahX
03-29-2004, 10:02 AM
Looks very nice. I also went with the NXT/S100 combo. I have some #36 as well, but have not had a chance to use it. How would you compare it to Eagle One A2Z? How`s it ease of use?

John

imported_memnuts
03-29-2004, 10:05 AM
Nice review Rich,

I will assume that you applied thin even coats of NXT from the fact that you received no hazying (smearing) and very little/no dust. I have had similiar results with this application technique.

Appears AIO is a great pre-cleaner for NXT.

CRV looks great. :wavey

imported_RadMon
03-29-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by UtahX

Looks very nice. ... How would you compare it to Eagle One A2Z? How`s it ease of use?

Thanks, John!

I`m sorry but I`ve never gotten around to using A2Z. I`ve always meant to since I`ve heard such praises about it but I have not taken the time to evaluate it myself.

One thing I did notice and only remembered now that you asked about it, was the #36`s appearance next morning. Most of the CR-V body trim is a textured, black plastic and all of it that I saw looked fine. But the #36 did look "splotchy" where I had put it on the roof rack which is a hard, flat, plastic. Weird.

imported_RadMon
03-29-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

Nice review Rich,

I will assume that you applied thin even coats of NXT from the fact that you received no hazying (smearing) and very little/no dust. I have had similiar results with this application technique.

Appears AIO is a great pre-cleaner for NXT.

CRV looks great. :wavey

Thank you, sir!

Yes, I tried to apply the NXT as thinly and evenly as possible by hand. I could tell the areas where I got it thicker because of the extra elbow grease it required (very noticeable when you`re used to products like S100 and Pinnacle waxes). But overall I was pleased with how it went on (foam app) and off (PakShak MF).

chris0626
03-29-2004, 10:23 PM
RadMon, I know you posted this in Click & Brag. But it`s more substantive than the typical C&B posting, so I`ve moved it here to Detailing Products. (One reason is that C&B doesn`t get archived, but Detailing Prods does.)

imported_RadMon
03-30-2004, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by Lynn

... I`ve moved it here to Detailing Products...

You`re the boss!