PDA

View Full Version : Okay, so I am detailing a truck today when it starts raining....

Scottwax
03-28-2004, 11:48 PM
....my customer says it looks like (according to the radar) that it should clear out pretty quickly, so I tell him I am going to grab a bite to eat. I pull up at the nearby Braums...right next to the Escalade I had washed and waxed yesterday which is now sitting in a downpour. :( It was beading real nice though.

My customer was pretty cool about it.

imported_Dave Holmes
03-29-2004, 12:42 AM
Scott,

Y`all sent that rain my way (NW Louisiana) didn`t you? We`re getting a good storm now. And I`ve been detailing my car a portion at a time all week.

On a side note, NXT w/#16 looks real good on white. I did a side-by-side test of just NXT next to NXT w/#16. The side with #16 looks a little "brighter" and deeper. But it attracts a lot more dust/pollen than NXT alone (which actually is very good at repelling our massive amounts of pollen). It is extremely obvious. I may start going with just NXT in the pollen season (early spring), then use the NXT/#16 the rest of the year. But I wonder if the NXT Spray Wax can be used on this combo without problems with the #16. I`ll test it this week (hopefully tomorrow weather permitting). Maybe it could give the benefits of NXT/#16 with the dust repelling of more NXT on top.

Dave