PDA

View Full Version : Just when I think I have found everything possible in a customer`s vehicle....

Pages : [1] 2

Scottwax
03-28-2004, 11:07 PM
....I got a call this morning from the guy whose F-350 I had scheduled today, letting me know he was out for breakfast with his family and the truck was in his driveway so I wouldn`t have to wait until he got home.....then he says "by the way, there is a box in the bed with rattlesnakes in it. Don`t worry, they can`t get out."

I get to his house and sure enough, 4 diamondback rattlers are in the box. Every time I had to get into the bed (like when cleaning the back window, etc), they would rattle like crazy.

:)

Anthony O.
03-28-2004, 11:28 PM
Scott,

That`s pretty scary and I am sure a bit nerve racking as you are trying to clean the car:D

Reminds me of one cool moring when I went to a clients business to detail a few cars. The cars were pretty clean and the one I started on just needed to be wiped with some QD and I was walking around cleaning the car I bent down to clean a panel behind the front tire and saw smething curled up underneath the tire.

I was sure it was a snake but at first I thought it was my clients little boys fake but VERY realistic snake. A few days before this I saw it in the car and freaked because I thought it was a real snake! Well anyway I got a bit closer to the snake and noticed it was a baby snake that was obviously cold and trying to get some warmth from the tire. I went and got a small dust pan and scooped the snake up in a box and put it in the back of my van.

On the way home I drove by a country type feed and grain store where they also had some animals for sale. I brought the box in and opened it and the guy just bolted from the box when he looked in. He asked me where I caught it and then how I caught it? I told him and he said I was a "lucky fool" because it was a baby Diamondback and they are more lethal than an adult because if they bite you they dump huge amounts of venom in you:scared He was even more shocked when I said I drove with it behind my seat....DOUBLE lucky fool:D Well I was a FOOL alright because I GAVE him the snake and I then found out later that I could of sold it to him, or another snake freak, for some hard cash:mad:

Anthony

Scottwax
03-28-2004, 11:33 PM
Snakes don`t bother me. I grew up in Phoenix, so I am well aware of the respect you show them. I have a customer whose shop was infested with black widow spiders a few years ago (the race car on my website). The exterminators counted 43 of them. :eek:

BTW, my younger son has a tarantula that is about the size of my hand. Pretty gentle though, held her lots of times and have never been bitten.

NattyBumppo
03-30-2004, 07:07 AM
Holy cow! A box full of garter snakes or black racers or some other non-lethal snake is one thing but a box full of diamondbacks? If I crawled into the bed of a truck to clean it and heard the rattling I would have almost certainly soiled mee britches!

Don
03-30-2004, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by Scottwax

"by the way, there is a box in the bed with rattlesnakes in it....."

:)

Hell of an anti-theft device :D

imported_ajbarnes
03-30-2004, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Don M

Hell of an anti-theft device :D

In this case, the Viper car alarm will be literally!:lol

Gonzo
03-30-2004, 10:29 AM
At least the owner gave you a "heads up" before you got to the truck!

Inzane
03-30-2004, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Scottwax

I have a customer whose shop was infested with black widow spiders a few years ago. The exterminators counted 43 of them. :eek:

Holy Crap! I`d have never set foot in there! :scared

I didn`t realize Black Widow spiders were indiginous to North America...

BK1
03-30-2004, 10:56 AM
I hate snakes--- there is no way I would have been anywhere near that truck until they were completely removed.

You certainly have more guts than I do...

scottabir
03-30-2004, 10:57 AM
our new apartments in Phoenix were still being built when we moved in...the neighbor and I counted 63 Black widows we killed in a single night.

Glad I have only found 1 here in Michigan :)

imported_speedingpenguin
03-31-2004, 11:46 AM
Please tell me Nevada doesnt have tons of snakes and spiders....might be going out there later on this year and CERTIANLY dont want to run into any of those.....I hate anything that moves on its own and doesnt either have wings or doesnt have 2 feet...and isnt a fish. lol

Ice9
03-31-2004, 11:55 AM
ummm...Nevada will have about as many snakes and spiders as Arizona or Texas...this will depend upon what part of the state you are in. Where are you now? Alaska? :)

SonicBlu03
08-24-2004, 09:13 AM
Even here in the city of Las Vegas there are tons of Black Widows we are constantly trying to keep out of the garage or house.

Prometheus
08-24-2004, 01:01 PM
Yeah, about the only kinda spiders we got up here are the wood spiders, distant relative of black widow im told, and supposedly almost as poisionus. I still like the story of when they were building the local Walmart, built it in a swamp, and every morning then would go out to the site, adn would find rattlers sunning themselves on the fence. Found em just about every morning during the whole construction...

imported_series1
08-24-2004, 02:12 PM
I hate spiders and think snakes are cool but I would never think of coming close to one that is poisonous. Whats funny is I say I would never get close to poisonous snakes but I would love to have a python or anaconda on my shoulders even though they could crush my whole body in 5 seconds. Yeah I guess people do have some weird stuff in their cars don`t they.