PDA

View Full Version : LOL, when I was done the applicator STUNK!

JustinR32
03-28-2004, 09:34 PM
It was beautiful today, but I couldn`t drive the Miata with the top down. My wife was on a girls` day out and my daughter was doing her science project, and I wanted to hang around if she needed any help. So, I decided to (surprise) wash the car.

Mary Joan`s friend Bethann left her car in the driveway, and since I was washing the Miata anyhow, I washed her dark blue VW Golf. Dang, this chick I don`t think EVER waxed her car since she got it! Beading? HAHAHAHA! SHEETING? BWAHAHAHAA! The water LAID on that car! WTH, Golfs are small, and that`s a nice blue color, so I decided to put a coat of wax on it!

I chose #20, because I have 2 bottles of it and whothehell knows if that car is EVER going to get another coat of wax.

As I worked, the cleaning properties of #20 quickly became apparent, and the yellow applicator soon turned grey. #20 has a nice fruity smell, I thought. But, about halfway through the job, I started noticing a foul odor. I kinda looked around, and then I realized. It was coming from THE APPLICATOR. It smelled like VOMIT!

Bethann is pretty, but she`s a bit of a sad case. She`s a 47 year-old single mom with a 2 grown kids (from her first husband, who is a real loony tune) and a 5 year old, and she`s a poor judge of men (witness the 5 year old who doesn`t know who his father is, and neither does she). I would guess that the kid (or someone) threw up on the car at some point, and the rain washed it away, or she hosed it off and left it.

Anyhow, I threw the applicator away. I don`t usually do that, unless it tears or gets dirt embedded in it. The car looked pretty good when I was done. There was decent slickness, considering the circumstances, that I wasn`t trying to impress anyone but just throwing a quick coat of protectant on. I didn`t stress getting every square inch, nor getting all the sap off; just a quick shine for someone who could use a hand.

No pics, it would look much better in the pics than it really did. The car looked like a shiny car.

Tom

Raven
03-28-2004, 10:12 PM
With all the problems your friend has I`m not at all surprised she doesn`t take care of her car, nice of you to do her the favor. By the way, did you ever get to the Miada?

Scottwax
03-28-2004, 11:03 PM
:lol Vomit is even worse when it is in the pocket behind the front passenger seat in a Suburban. Disgusting to clean and the guy had to throw out his Mapsco too.

That was pretty nice of you to do that. I hope she appreciated it.

Mr. Clean
03-29-2004, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Scottwax

That was pretty nice of you to do that.

Agreed :up :up Tom

Originally posted by Scottwax

I hope she appreciated it.

I`ll bet she does!

imported_Dave Holmes
03-29-2004, 02:23 AM
Tom,

Can I come leave my car in your driveway for a few hours? Just so happens I like the look of #20 on my car, too. ;)

Helping someone out like that is a nice act. Did you get to see the look on her face when she returned and saw her car?

Because vomit is acidic, wouldn`t it etch the paint if left on? I had a friend growing up who was obsessive about getting all the vomit off his car for this reason. We all thought he was just obsessive, but now I fully understand it.

Dave