PDA

View Full Version : Water Spots Impossible to remove? Pic Attached.

monodax
03-28-2004, 06:18 PM
I have attached a pic of the spots on the front windshield, I am running out of options trying to get rid of these spots. I have read everything I could find on these forums but nothing has worked so far.

So far I have tried:

Vinegar (Full Strength), Claybar, Meguairs 10 and 17 plastic cleaner. These where the first things that I would have thought would have worked.

I started giving up hope so I tried cleaner/wax with a rotary on one of the t-tops, It helped a tiny bit by making them somewhat less noticable but I know I need something specifically made for water spots I just don`t want to spend 30+ on some chemical that won`t work. I am looking for someone who deals with these spots or has had similar ones and found a solution.

When I bought the car it had some spots on the clearcoat in some areas but I got rid of them by just doing a full detail of the car with a PC.

Mizzuri
03-28-2004, 06:56 PM
have you tried any glass polish?

One method that I find is effective is is claying the glass, then cleaning it with a good glass cleaner.

I then try a good glass polish such as Autoglym on a rotary. Be careful of the sling from the glass polish especially on plastics.

Im sure there are others who have had experience with this.

Good luck

DantePasquale
03-28-2004, 07:48 PM
I had some spots on a year old car when I got it, rubbed the glass hard with AIO (did not try a PC, maybe that would do a faster job), spots came off with the second coat..

00alero
03-28-2004, 07:49 PM
I`ve had that b4, it`s b/c of our hard water. Let it sit out in the rain, and drive it in the rain, and those spots will be gone. Next time you wash, besure to dry is what I`ve learned.

imported_Thor
03-28-2004, 08:11 PM
Ducky`s water spot remover. I tried it and it worked on some that I had on the glass. Don`t expect miracles, but with a little elbow grease they`ll come off.

imported_Dave Holmes
03-29-2004, 03:42 AM
I was in the same situation as you when I bought my car. Tried just about everything I could think of with no luck. finally went to a glass shop, and they tried Duragloss Nu Glass on it. Worked like a charm. I bought the bottle, went home, and did all of my windows/mirrors. Didn`t have a PC at the time, so did it by hand on my car. After getting my PC, I did my wife`s truck in no time. Perfectly spot free glass after using it. Applied Rain X afterwards, and now keep my windows clean at all times. No spots for me!

You can do a search on the web for it, it`s not expensive at all. Somewhere around $7.00 or so. Might even be able to find it locally at a glass shop (windshield repair type shop). Oh, and a bottle will last a while, too. I`ve done 4 vehicles (all windows) and still have over 1/2 my original bottle.

Hope this helps.

Dave

kustomsol
03-29-2004, 08:40 AM
As a Zaino guy, I`d suggest Z-12 www.zainobros.com

Z-12 Clear-View Glass Polish

We have yet to find a stain that Z-12 Clear-View Glass Polishâ„¢ did not remove from glass.

Finally, a glass cleaner and polish that really works!

You will think your glass disappeared!

Excellent on chrome and stainless, too!

We searched for years trying to find a glass polish that really works as advertised. Frustrated with the results, we decided to engineer our own. Introducing Z-12 Clear-View Glass Polishâ„¢. Formulated with modified cleaners and mild abrasives, Z-12 Clear-View Glass Polishâ„¢ deep cleans and polishes all glass surfaces with ease. It quickly removes acid rain spots, hard water spots, road film, stubborn bird stains, and that annoying interior glass film. Z-12 Clear-View Glass Polishâ„¢ is so effective, it even removes fine to medium scratches. We have yet to find a stain that Z-12 Clear-View Glass Polishâ„¢ did not remove from glass. It leaves glass crystal clear and sparkling.

Will not scratch or distort glass.

Great for restoring old windshields.

Can also be used to clean and brighten chrome and other metal surfaces.

For hand or machine use.

Not for use on Coated Glass, painted or plastic surfaces.