PDA

View Full Version : Easiest quality wax/polish?

Pages : [1] 2

mgates
03-28-2004, 04:58 PM
What would you guys say is the best all around wax or polish for those of use who don`t want to spend forever detailing? Not looking for super-gloss...just a nice clean, shiny finish.

Klasse All-in-One sounds like the ticket, but I`ve also read good things about Meguiar`s #6 and #26. I like the idea of a combo cleaner/polish...but is that a bad idea?

Thanks,

Mitch

JustinR32
03-28-2004, 05:01 PM
Among the Meguiar`s waxes, the easiest are #20 and NXT; both are far easier than #26.

Also, S100 is easy, and Souveran is easy. Both are easier than #26. For me, #26 is one of the harder waxes to use (but the results are worth it).

Tom

BradE
03-28-2004, 05:05 PM
If your just looking for a simple cleaner wax, Mothers makes one of the best. It can be purchased locally at most auto parts stores.

mgates
03-28-2004, 05:19 PM
Tom,

What would you say the main differences between NXT and #20 are? Have you ever tried Klasse AIO?

Thanks!

Mitch

kbshadow
03-28-2004, 05:55 PM
I have had very good luck with Mothers Reflections, looks great and cleans off the trim very well.

Bob

Mr Monk
03-28-2004, 06:01 PM
Mosca - are you referring to the #26 paste wax? I apply the liquid with a PC and find it quite easy to apply and remove. Not as easy as S100 but still easy to work with.

JustinR32
03-28-2004, 06:28 PM
Dr G, I was referring to applying the paste by hand, not the liquid by machine. What makes #26 paste harder to use than other waxes, when used by hand, is that it`s harder to get a really thin coat.

mgates, do you mean the differences in ease of use? I`d consider them equally easy. I just did a VW Golf with #20, and it`s like NXT in that it`s wipe on, haze, wipe off with no buffing nor elbow grease.

As far as appearance, #20 is super shiny and has that "clean" look you mentioned (other products have it, too), NXT has a little less shine but lots more gloss and wetness.

AIO is a great product, too, but I`m not a regular enough user of it to comment; I know more about the Meguiar`s products and the carnaubas. I`ll leave AIO and SG to the ones for whom it is a regular diet.

Tom

SilverLexus
03-28-2004, 06:38 PM
P21S or S100 is very easy to apply or remove. I don`t know about #26 liquid but the paste wax can be very difficult to remove.

My two cents.

mgates
03-28-2004, 06:50 PM
who makes S100?

-m

rstype
03-28-2004, 07:07 PM
Another vote for Mother`s.

Originally posted by mgates

who makes S100?

-m

This article explains it well: http://store.yahoo.com/classic-motoring/visittop21s.html

imported_nowaterno
03-28-2004, 07:34 PM
Einszett Glanz is as easy as S100 and lasts a lot longer

imported_Terry
03-28-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by BradE

If your just looking for a simple cleaner wax, Mothers makes one of the best. It can be purchased locally at most auto parts stores. Yes indeed.....It`s really good stuff and a great value.:xyxthumbs

bimmerzhp
03-28-2004, 07:47 PM
Mothers Reflections is the one to use. Goes on easy and comes off very easy. Leaves a nice wet look.

raymond_ho2002
03-28-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by mgates

What would you guys say is the best all around wax or polish for those of use who don`t want to spend forever detailing?

I like the idea of a combo cleaner/polish...but is that a bad idea?

If you don`t want to spend too much time polishing and waxing, a one-step product is a good way to go, and there is nothing wrong with it at all. The results should be very satisfying, and i think you would notice the difference between a one-step and a multi-step process only when you compare them side by side. I`ve heard good things of mother`s cleaner wax, which is a comparable product to meguiar`s #6. AIO states that it cleans and protects, but many people seem to think that it offers little protection.

Meguiar`s #26, meg`s #16, and s100 are pure waxes. i`d recommend cleaner waxes over them if you`re going with a one-step.

Dinzdale40
03-28-2004, 08:02 PM
I wouldn`t use Mother`s Reflections cause it doesn`t last long at all. I was using it when i first came here and David told me that. It wasn`t until 6 months later when I let my friend put a coat on his car that I found out David was really right. We didn`t have time to finish, so he just put Reflections on and left. When he came back next week, it was like washing it the first time, when he had no wax. It was horrible. It did look good on my car tho and was easy to use, just the durability leaves allot to desire.

I want to try Glanz wax pretty bad, I almost bought it last time.....but I didn`t think I would like something that was "thinner than water"....so I figured I had enough waxes....S100 is a good wax tho, lasts longer and is as easy to apply and looks as good as Reflections does... It`s a superior product IMO.

If you are looking for a good cleaner, maybe try VM. You could use it as a final polish, quick wax, or glaze. It`s a very versatile product.