PDA

View Full Version : First paid detail! Silver 2000 MCoupe

Pages : [1] 2

Woob
09-24-2004, 02:12 PM
Hey DC! My first paid detail today and I was dang lucky. My friend got interested in my detailing hobby and asked her Dad who wanted a detail for their MCoupe, Red Beatle, K2 BMW Bike, and Black SUV. Today was very cool (thank goodness for Autumn weather) and there was plenty of shade all through the morning.

Victim: Silver 2000 Z3 MCoupe. LOTS of curb rashes, as the car was driven horribly before its life with this family. Pretty good condition for a 2000, as I found little to no swirls or scratches. Interior was rough and very hard to do in crack/crevices. But I did my best. Sorry no pics

Process:
Wash w/ Adam`s soap. Nice suds and cleaned well, but car was pretty clean.
Clay w/ Mother`s, used up Showtime and just used CalGold soap that works very well
Polish SSR1 (some SSR2 on bad scratches) @ 5.5 easy passes
Glaze w/ Adam`s Brilliance - Extremely easy to use and brightened / glossed paint
Seal w/ EX-P Made paint sparkle, gleaming, and bright
Dressing tires/etc: Adam`s VRT with detail sponge - dang easy to spread and very nice look to it. First time but I`m happy :D

Result: :D Happy customer! I have a K2 Bike and beetle to do. Sorry for pictures, as my camera is 6 years old and only 1.2 megapixels. Currently looking for a new camera.

Before Pics below, I apologize for camera. its for sale @ any price!

Woob
09-24-2004, 02:14 PM
After Pics. Again my camera SUCKS anyone can take it if they want it. I wanna get a good beginner amateur camera.

Woob
09-24-2004, 02:20 PM
Does anyone know what to do with this K1200 GT Blue 2002 BMW Bike? Its extremely big, but there is hardly any paint. Also the owner commented that it was recommended by the dealership to put a plastic cleaner of some sort, but the book said to use just a general wax. Very little paint, but more gadgets / metal work.

Questions: I was going to charge $125 for the MCoupe, but just said $100 since I have more vehicles to do with the family, Good move? It was my first time also. I had my friend help me and I gave her a 33% cut since I was happy for the business she brought, also I wanted to help her out. Good move? What would anyone recommend?

mtodde
09-24-2004, 03:45 PM
Great job! I love EX-P on silver!

I think you did the right thing on the price. I`ve got a lot of people offering to pay me, but it is kind of difficult for me to name prices...especially as some of them are coworkers and one of them is my boss...I would mention that you gave a discount on the price due to multiple vehicles, friend, etc so that if you get referrals or future business from them you can charge the full amount.

Maybe you can use the profits from your detailing to buy a new camera sometime soon. Mine isn`t as old as yours but it is showing its age too.

rollman
09-24-2004, 04:46 PM
Nice work Woob:bigups . You made a good call on the price since you have more work to do for them . Good luck

Woob
09-24-2004, 05:13 PM
No more comments? Keep em coming! I just realized that I did the detail for about 4.5 hours doing everything slowly. I think there are good improvements to be made in the future.

AZ Ferrari Man
09-24-2004, 07:24 PM
Good work! What did you use on the wheels? Also was that 4.5hrs. on just the exterior? Also Adams brillance, did that remove any buffing haze? Also what is he paying you, are you doing a bulk rate?

Andrew

zesty-man
09-24-2004, 08:37 PM
nice job, im jealous :angel

norahcrv
09-24-2004, 08:52 PM
Nice work, Woobers!!!

You really cleaned it up pretty!!! :bigups

Can`t wait to see more of the bike! What are the white/aluminum pads on the side of the bike at about the center point?

Keep up the good work!

Norah

PS - I don`t know pricing, but I think you gave them a very good deal! But the real question is, "Are you happy with what you got?"

Woob
09-24-2004, 09:00 PM
Thanks all!

AZ Fireman: I used FourStar Wheel Cleaner gel. The previous owner destroyed the rims with curb rashes and some protectant that peeled the chrome away :( It was 4.5 hours with general vac / cleaning and we took our time very slowly. I think I can definitely get faster timing. Yes this is a bulk deal. Also its for a friend`s family so I`m generally pretty nice. (5 Vehicles in total, thats mega practice with some very good conditioned cars)

norah: Thanks! Personally, the bike is scaring the crap outta me. It looks like its all by hand detailing, but I just don`t know where to start with it. :dunno

Yes I`m happy. I cleaned the MCoupe, got to reverse it out of the garage :) Made some money, not as much as I want to get, but I now have an extremely happy family (and friend!). I can definitely backup my work and I still have more to come! I know I will get more details in the future. Its a good start

G35stilez
09-27-2004, 12:34 PM
Absolutely GLOWING!

Looks great. Congrats on the first job :)

groebuck
09-27-2004, 12:51 PM
I`m jealous I think you have more stuff than me now...and your getting paid -ah they grow up so fast :lol

Woob
09-27-2004, 02:16 PM
Groebuck no way! But we can compare if you want :lol I`m almost done completing the Adam`s/Poorboy`s Line. I need mf, equipment, and more business!

norahcrv
09-27-2004, 02:31 PM
But I don`t think he got any cake? :naughty

91LSMAN
09-27-2004, 03:30 PM
Good work!!!!