PDA

View Full Version : How many detailing sessions to make a "beater" look it`s best?

imported_NHBFAN
03-28-2004, 08:19 AM
3 seems to be the magic number for me.

Of course, if it`s a car that`s been neglected and has oxzidized after one session, it usually looks considerably better. But, it seems that after my 3rd session with a neglected car it looks about as good as I can get it at my current skill level.

Scottwax
03-28-2004, 11:35 PM
:nixweiss It all depends. Sometimes you can never get them 100% if they are in truly horrible shape.

imported_neoflex
03-29-2004, 08:28 PM
I`ll let you know how mine turns out next weekend. My daily station car has been neglected all winter and I plan on hitting it with the Menza twins and prob then just top with P21S. I prob won`t waste the time or my Klasse on it. I did the Caddy 2 weeks ago and that came out great and then did the wifes Grand Cherokee this weekend(Still have to add 2 coats of SG and then a coat of P21s) So I ran out of cars to detail, so the beater is up on the line-up next weekend. I`ll let you know how it turns out.

jasonatv22
03-30-2004, 10:20 AM
I only do my mother-in-law`s car about twice a year. The first time, it didn`t really pop. However, last year, after a claying (which I didn`t do the first time) it really popped.

She was very pleased. And even though she politely tells me that she doesn`t want me to waste my time on her car, I`ll make sure to do it.

Telling sign though, the beat em up car wash just ripped part of her licence plate surround off and bent her plate. So, I might be in for some uglyness this time.

Richt
03-31-2004, 05:51 AM
My daily drive Peugeot 205 gets better every time i clean it, it gets used every day but i still give it the same love as my sunday drive.

Problem is stone chips and scratches show up!

http://uploader.co.uk/images/205-gti-road.jpg

http://uploader.co.uk/images/richtreennewweb.jpg

I say keep on cleaning and each session will see an improvement

jasonatv22
03-31-2004, 08:21 AM
Looks great, Rich. Nothing looks smarter than an older economy car detailed to the nines.

Jonny_venus
03-31-2004, 06:21 PM
Rich,

That car is fantastic, I was going to buy one, but couldn`t find one in very good condition, you say this is your daily driver, but it looks more show car than daily driver !

Really nice reflections !, Looks like its in "mint" condition".

Love the 205 !

PK