PDA

View Full Version : Help with drying - WW technique

progress
09-24-2004, 12:34 PM
I`m new at this and am confused about what the best drying technique entails. I search around for information and most of what I see decribes what products to use. I see waffle weave`s are highly recommened. Now I`m wondering what the beth method is to put these to use. Only blot? Use a damp one and spread it out and gently pull across surface?

Oh by the way, I do try to use the method of taking the spray nozzle off the hoze to sheet water off the car. This reduces the ammount of drying needed on some areas like the hood and the roof. I have a harder time getting this to work on some of the other sections. Maybe over time I`ll get a little better. Regardless there are still section of my car where I have a good amount of water beaded up that I need to dry off somehow.

norahcrv
09-24-2004, 12:55 PM
I`m sure you will hear as many different ways to dry a car, as you have found products to use.
I prefer the Grey Super Soft Waffle Weave from PAC & usually use two waffle weaves to dry my CR-V. The first one, I just lay on the horizontal surfaces of the car, and it sucks the water up like a vacuum. For the vertical surfaces, I lightly move the w/w over the surface, same result. Then if there are any streaks or water remaining, I can address those areas with the second towel. Just my $ .02!

sgo
09-24-2004, 02:32 PM
I got tired of wringing them out. Now I use my leaf blower. I can finish up with one MF and never have to wring it out. :)