PDA

View Full Version : Sealent VS Carnuba??

imported_Unreal
03-26-2004, 08:37 PM
What is your favorite and why?

Also whats your favorite or brand of choice?

imported_WCD
03-26-2004, 10:03 PM
Blitz Wax- One Grand

Robert Regan

imported_Terry
03-26-2004, 10:46 PM
My favorite is Souveran.....In my opinion....It gives dark colors the wettest, deepest finish ever. :bow

Scottwax
03-26-2004, 10:59 PM
Sealant would be Wolfgang or Poorboy`s EX-P. It is going to come down to durability most likely...but EX-P does have the advantage of being able to be used in the sun.

Carnauba is Meguiars #16 on light colors and Clearkote`s Carnauba Moose on dark.

grt1today
03-27-2004, 01:10 AM
What Terry said...:bow

6cyl's_of_fury
03-27-2004, 03:22 AM
Sealant - Klasse

Carnuaba - S100

I top the Klassse with S100 so I dont really have a "favourite" between the two..

DCT
03-27-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by TQB

What is your favorite and why?

Also whats your favorite or brand of choice?

Depends on the color of the vehicle, and the desired results. Generally speaking, good sealants have more durability than carnauba. Although, there are "some" carnauba waxes that will outlast "some" sealants.

Anyhow........

The new EX-P seems to be very clear, and reflective. Durability has yet to be really measured against other sealants?

The latest verion of UPP is also very nice, and UPP has good durability.

Klasse, and Zaino are still the durability kings............ at least in my opinion.

Haven`t tried the new Wolfgang, or new FMJ.......... can`t comment...... YET! :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

S100/P21S are fine carnauba`s!

Trade Secret, is another very nice wax.

Natty`s wax is an excellent carnauba, and works well as a topper on sealants.

The Pinnacle line of carnauba`s are very, very good.

One Grand Blitz is a nice carnauba, with great durability.

There are many other good carnauba`s.

JimS
03-27-2004, 09:31 AM
Poorboys EX and/or EX-P for me.

I`ve tried UPP, Klasse, 5 coats of Zaino. None were better than Poorboys. I`ve also used his Natty`s Wax as well as all his other products and swear by them all.

I just prefer sealant on white paint, no yellowing carnuba. I won`t comment on durability of wax and sealant because I know of no reliable testing method.

imported_speedracer
03-27-2004, 11:41 AM
Souveran is my fav carnauba by far! But, finding the time to maintain it as much as I`d like (daily use!) another story. Tried the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant and the outcome was very, very sweet. Practically no maintenance, super deep shine. I use the Instant Spritz all the time to boost it up--in minutes! Gotta love that. I think I`ll try Souveran over WG and see what happens.