PDA

View Full Version : New way to apply wax

Lowejackson
03-25-2004, 06:04 AM
I have just noticed this from Wackchem (original makers of P21S and OEM to BMW, Porsche etc), the roller wax method. Not sure if this is a brilliant idea or silly.

http://www.wackchem.com/a1/frm_news_a1.htm

6cyl's_of_fury
03-25-2004, 06:21 AM
Not the wackiest idea Ive seen ( bit out there but still grounded in reality somewhat ), but how would it go with a paste wax? lol

detailbarn
03-25-2004, 07:16 AM
I`ve seen a buffer like this before. It looked like a regular size paint roller but was a buffer. That I wouldn`t use this I would try. Could be a good way to insure thin coats but look like there would be more waste in the process.

imported_Dave Holmes
03-25-2004, 07:26 AM
To me it looks like it would definitely waste product. And if I would have the same luck as when I roll paint on walls, I`d end up with armor plating on my car! I`d also be worried about an even coating, as I have to keep going over an area many times when using a roller with paint to even it out somewhat.

I`ll stick with applying wax by hand or PC where I can get quick, even, and very thin coats. Especially with products like NXT, #20, etc...

But, other people may find a use for it. And they may have better luck than I am portraying here. If someone tries this, I`d be interested in results just to satisfy my curiosity.

Dave

luke667
03-25-2004, 07:30 AM
dunno, i`d be scared of scratchin the car wit the handle or somethin, and it might be good if u are waxin a flat panelled car like a land rover or a hummer....can`t see someone usin that ona 350z

imported_pugoman
03-25-2004, 07:35 AM
I have one of those in my garage that I use for applying varnish and gloss paint around the home - how much do they charge? You can get them from any DIY store for about £1.99GBP.

Also, I think you`d waste alot of product loading up the sponge roller.

Richt
03-25-2004, 07:58 AM
speed wax goes on so easily i dont see the point!

Lowejackson
03-25-2004, 10:17 AM
Rich

How does the Speed Wax compare to other products

rstype
03-25-2004, 06:54 PM
Hm, interesting. If anything, it might reduce the chance of scratching as you`re not dragging your applicator against the surface, but rolling it instead.

edit: Wait, is it pre-loaded/filled with liquid wax inside? If so, cool...

edit 2: No, it`s not... nevermind.