PDA

View Full Version : clearkote products (searched)

Pages : [1] 2

THERUSE
03-24-2004, 10:31 PM
hey guys

what is the general consensus on clearkote products? doesn`t seem like too many people are using them continuously.

how are the durability / swirl hiding characteristics?

is it as slick as zaino?

and do you guys recommend their carnuba wax, seems that only vanilla moose and moose are talked about here.

:wavey

Deanski
03-24-2004, 10:42 PM
Honestly, you`re best info is from Scottwax... Uses it quite often with steller results!

I too have tried it. Have both VM and Carnuba Moose and gallon of Quick Shine. I use the QS in place of Z6. Works just as well and costs a boatload less!

Send Scottwax a PM...

Regards,

Deanski

rstype
03-24-2004, 10:56 PM
I`m not a fan of their waxes and glazes at all, but I recently discovered how nice their QD is. Granted it`s nothing special, but it works very well.

:up

Scottwax
03-24-2004, 11:15 PM
No, don`t PM me. Post it in the forum and send me the link so I only have to answer it once.

I really like Vanilla Moose and Carnauba Moose. The regular (brown) Moose Wax is okay but I mostly use it for wheels and door jams.

Vanilla Moose is very glossy and slick. It will remove or fill minor swirls and scratches but I`d use a swirl remover first if you have deeper defects. Carnauba Moose will add depth and wetness and slightly soften the reflections you get from VM.

My experience is that the combination of VM and CMW is pretty durable. I waxed a Civic in August with VM/CMW and it was still beading when I rewaxed it in late January. Same with a Volvo S60 that I had waxed about the same time and detailed again in January. Clearkote waxes have a petroleum base, so that might be why their carnauba product has decent durability. I don`t know if anyone else is getting similar durability results. Maybe they will chime in.

I really like Quikshine and use it as my primary QD even though I can get Meguiars FI or FD at half the price. QS is pretty slick and it is water based so you can use it on pretty much any wax or sealant.

BTW, it seems that Vanilla Moose and Quikshine are the most popular Clearkote products here.

imported_Greg
03-24-2004, 11:33 PM
I really liked my first batch of VM, but my 2 subsequent batches haven`t been quite as good. I don`t like Moose Wax- I have so much of this stuff and I am not a fan of this product. The chemical cleaners are really strong, it removes anything underneath it IMO. The carnauba moose is ok, but high in solvents and S100 is better IMO. I like Final Detail better than Quickshine because its cheaper and does the same job IMO.

imported_pugoman
03-25-2004, 04:14 AM
Quickshine is excellent IMO. ;)

Currently waiting to try VM and CMW.

breakneckvtec
03-25-2004, 09:30 AM
BW - Not to bash bro, but are there any products you DO like? I mean I read your reviews and comments on the forums and it just seems that I have yet to read a POSITIVE comment about one thing :o

RobertNQ
03-25-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by pugoman

Quickshine is excellent IMO. ;)

Currently waiting to try VM and CMW.

Yep.....QS is now my favorite QD next to Zainos!!!

I love Quikshine because its slick, its zaino-friendly and its cost effective!!

I will be ordering more soon....real soon!:up

andriver
03-25-2004, 12:39 PM
QS is still my favorite. I have FD and I still use it on my wife`s mustang.

Scott P
03-25-2004, 01:33 PM
Vanilla Moose and Quik Shine are the most popular and well-liked products in the CK line as far as I can tell. Carnauba Moose Wax is getting some positive revies. It does leave a very slick finish behind. Regular Moose Wax is a stong cleaner wax and when used as a one step product, it is pretty good.

I like QS since I can use it on all surfaces and get a great slick feeling when I`m done. Sure, it is a more expensive than other products, but I think it is worth it.

Chris Y.
03-25-2004, 01:54 PM
Just to add...

I`m a huge fan of QS...use it on everything! Windows, interior wood trim, etc. Excellent stuff.

I use VM & CMW too and make an excellent combo. CMV lasts quite a while for a liquid wax...I`ve got 4 months on a car and looking very good :)

luvthong
03-25-2004, 06:14 PM
OK, I am confused now. I read that Clearkote has been getting good reviews when they first came out but now, seems like people do not like them as much as before. I bought most of their stuff but I have got a chance to work on my car yet.

Should I use these products in this order?

1. Wash

2. Clay

3. Wash again just to get rid of the clay deposal.

4. Meguiar`s #2 Fine cut

5. Meguiar`s #9 SMR

6. Moose Wax

7. VM

8. CMW

9. QS

And yes, I will get a PC 7424 to do the work for me.

JaCkaL829
03-25-2004, 06:30 PM
luvthong, I think your procedure is ok, except for the Moose Wax. The Moose Wax really doesn`t belong there, from what I read about it, its more of a cleaner or all-in-one wax. I just ordered some VM and CMW today, in hopes of getting my truck to have that "wet" look.

Blk_Mach
03-25-2004, 06:52 PM
i got some blue moose if anyone wants to trade something for it!

rstype
03-25-2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by breakneckvtec

BW - Not to bash bro, but are there any products you DO like? I mean I read your reviews and comments on the forums and it just seems that I have yet to read a POSITIVE comment about one thing :o

Sure. I enjoy using quality products, but don`t feel the need to post constant, raving comments for them. I recommend to people products all the time -- 3M polishes, Einszett polishes, Eagle One cleaners, Leatherique conditioners, Zaino sealants, Platinum sealants, Klasse sealants, Mother`s wheel care, OXO brushes, P21S waxes, PakShak towels, 303`s dressings, Some-Pharmacy`s isopropyl alcohol... :p