PDA

View Full Version : Car wash...

Pages : [1] 2

RUBigDog05
09-23-2004, 08:04 PM
I absolutely hate not being able to keep my truck spotless while I`m in college. The best I can do is take it to a power washer to wash it every once in a while. I like have access to a hose all the time and being able to wash/wax at my own house without having to use 100ft of extension cord use a buffer in direct sunlight like I basically have to do while Im here at school. I powerwashed my truck today and then dried it down....not to my standards. I might as well have let a 4 year old wash it for me. Just a rant about being at school. I`m going home tomorrow but guess what, I`m not going to have time to detail my truck the whole weekend because of a wedding I`m in and my gf is going to be with me(she doesn`t understand me and my love of detailing my truck). she likes her car clean but not the way I like it CLEAN. Anyways...I`ll shut up now since no one knows who i am anyways :ticked

rabbi
09-23-2004, 08:12 PM
Hey man ! Rant away. We`re with ya.

CharlesW
09-23-2004, 08:14 PM
Hi RUBigDog05:
While I may not know who you are, I can share your washing frustrations. My problem isn`t because of facilities, but because of the winter weather.
One thing that has really worked for me is Poorboy`s Spray & Wipe. I quite often go to the spray wash, knock off as much dirt as I can, then finish the vehicle with S&W. Works for me :)
Might be something for you to look into. :dunno

Charles

JaredPointer
09-23-2004, 08:28 PM
Sorry to hear that man. I agree with Charles. Get you a spray and wipe type product. For the sake of being different, I`ll recommend Eagle One Wet Wipe & Shine. I have had great success using it and it`s available locally at most auto parts stores. Costs about $4. Good stuff!

CharlesW
09-23-2004, 09:20 PM
Sorry to hear that man. I agree with Charles. Get you a spray and wipe type product. For the sake of being different, I`ll recommend Eagle One Wet Wipe & Shine. I have had great success using it and it`s available locally at most auto parts stores. Costs about $4. Good stuff! :wait :wait
I`m not recommending using a quick detail product.
When I say Spray & Wipe, I`m referring to Poorboy`s waterless wash product. A quick detail product may not do the same job of lifting and removing dirt that the S&W does. I don`t really know how the S&W works and I was very hesitant about using it at first, but it does work quite well.
Another product that I have used with good results is Quick & Easy Wash by Protect-All. It is a low water use product. Takes about a gallon of water mixed with the QEW to do a vehicle. No hose needed. It also works good, but IMO the S&W is even easier.

Charles

6cyl's_of_fury
09-23-2004, 10:24 PM
I find Quick Easy Wash ( QEW ) and a quick coat of wax every month to be the perfect combo between major details to keep my black ride looking great. And then for added protection, in-between coats of wax, a QEW used in conjunction with EO wax as u dry ( WAUD ) maintains it well.

There are always other options to the dread coin-op powerwashes.......

JaredPointer
09-24-2004, 07:57 AM
:wait :wait
I`m not recommending using a quick detail product.
When I say Spray & Wipe, I`m referring to Poorboy`s waterless wash product. A quick detail product may not do the same job of lifting and removing dirt that the S&W does. I don`t really know how the S&W works and I was very hesitant about using it at first, but it does work quite well.
Another product that I have used with good results is Quick & Easy Wash by Protect-All. It is a low water use product. Takes about a gallon of water mixed with the QEW to do a vehicle. No hose needed. It also works good, but IMO the S&W is even easier.

Charles

Is the EO Wet Wipe & Shine not sort of the same thing as a waterless wash? It doesn`t say it`s a quick detailer. I read the bottle (a long time ago) and I think it says it`s use is mainly for cleaning a lightly dirty car. My cars never really get that dirty, so the difference may not really matter to me between a S&W and a QD. Thanks Charles and let me know what you think.

CharlesW
09-24-2004, 11:07 AM
Jared:
IMO, Eagle One Wet Wipe & Shine is a quick detail product and should only be used on dusty, not dirty vehicles. You can check out this lnk for more info on the EO W&S.

http://www.valvoline.com/pages/products/product_detail.asp?product=91

For me, Poorboy`s Spray & Wipe seems to be a better product for cars with anything more than a layer of dust.

Charles

Jaguar
09-24-2004, 11:56 AM
Have you guys ever heard of (or tried) a product called Dri Wash n Guard? :dunno

I was curious as to how this product really is..

Thanks

JaredPointer
09-24-2004, 01:41 PM
Thank you Charles. I really appreciate and value your thoughts on it. Now I need some S&W!!
Jared:
IMO, Eagle One Wet Wipe & Shine is a quick detail product and should only be used on dusty, not dirty vehicles. You can check out this lnk for more info on the EO W&S.

http://www.valvoline.com/pages/products/product_detail.asp?product=91

For me, Poorboy`s Spray & Wipe seems to be a better product for cars with anything more than a layer of dust.

Charles

JaredPointer
09-24-2004, 01:43 PM
Have you guys ever heard of (or tried) a product called Dri Wash n Guard? :dunno

Thanks

I don`t think it is highly thought of. Do a search on here about it just to make sure though. I am known to usually be wrong!!

Jaguar
09-24-2004, 01:58 PM
Jared,

Thanks for the heads up. I just did a search and you are correct. This is pretty much what I thought of this stuff. There is a guy over at FTW that always sings the praises of that product, but... he also sells it!! :rolling

CharlesW
09-24-2004, 02:08 PM

ThanksIt is demonstrated at car shows around here and the results are pretty impressive.
It seems pretty expensive, but if it worked as advertised, it might be worth it.
One comment that is often made about it, is that it contains lots of fillers to cover up the micro marring it may cause. :dunno It doesn`t seem to get very much respect from most detailers, but very few waterless washes do.

I was a big skeptic about the Spray & Wipe for quite some time. After going through several gallons of it, I have been very happy with the results. I still can`t bring myself to use it on a really dirty vehicle, but my system of spray washing the worst off at the spray wash place and finishing up with the S&W seems to do a good job for me.

Charles

Scott P
09-24-2004, 03:52 PM
Dri-Wash is not a great product. tHe price is so high due to the multi-level marketing system they use. They spit out a lot of garbage about other products too.

The Dri-Wash guy came up to my booth at one show and asked if my stuff was paintable. I asked "who the hell would paint over wax in the first place?" He told me that all waxes leaves stuff behind (the silicone theory) that makes you strip your paint to the bare metal in order to repaint it.

One customer left his booth with a pamphlet and then left my spot after purchasing a bottle of S&W and a bottle of Quik Shine. :D

Boss_429
09-24-2004, 06:11 PM

Thanks

I had the chance to try some of that stuff a while back. It`s actually "OK" stuff. If it were around $10 a quart, it would be a decent deal. At it`s price of around $45 a quart, it`s a marketing scam.......... $10 for the product $35 for the marketing (or for someone to stuff their pockets).

I hate seeing people get "ripped-off"!