PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetically Speaking

Jesstzn
03-23-2004, 10:52 PM
If AIO is applied then SG and assuming SG is a pure sealant and contains no oils or waxes Z5 ( CW ZFX ) should be able to layer right over the SG? Right?? Then go back to SG after Z5 x 3?

Scottwax
03-23-2004, 11:06 PM
:nixweiss Actually, I think to make it bond you will have to go over your whole car with 60 grit sandpaper and paint thinner.

Jesstzn
03-23-2004, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Scottwax

:nixweiss Actually, I think to make it bond you will have to go over your whole car with 60 grit sandpaper and paint thinner.

Ok once I have that done .. could I do what I posted above?:D

Scottwax
03-23-2004, 11:23 PM
I would think that since SG doesn`t contain any oils that you would be fine.

What sort of Frankenstein combo are you working on now? ;)

Jesstzn
03-23-2004, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Scottwax

I would think that since SG doesn`t contain any oils that you would be fine.

What sort of Frankenstein combo are you working on now? ;)

Just my feeble little mind at work .. I am 85% done polishing out the car from winter and I have used DACP where needed but mostly Menzerna IP/FP and because I have been doing a couple panels a day I have been doing AIO/ SG x 1 to seal it.

I am liking the easy of the SG compared to the complexity of the Z stuff *but* I really did like the Z5 x 3 result but am looking for something not as plasticy as Z2 on top the Z5 .. so was thinking the SG ... And throw PMS into the mix and it pretty well explains it.

Oh one adder here .. the Menzerna polishes have an added benefit .. the pads wash up with plain water .. not even soap needed. Just a good strong spray from a shower head .. wring out and hang to dry.

Scottwax
03-23-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Jesstzn

And throw PMS into the mix and it pretty well explains it.

Would that work better on a ..... no, I had better not type what I was thinking. :lol

Pics will be mandatory, whatever you decide to do.