PDA

View Full Version : READY.... However some ???

ramhunter24
03-23-2004, 09:28 PM
I think I am ready to tackle my 1st attempt at removing swirls on my 2003 Black Truck. Since joining this forum, I have already added to my arsenal, this is becoming adicting:

PC 7424 + bonus package from Coastaltool

2 Orange Pads

2 White Pads

1 Grey/Black pads all from CMA today

Menzerna Twins

Mequiars #82

MF`s from Ranney 8 towels

My question is this? Which pads & product should I start off with and at what settings. KEEP in mind this will be my 1st time with the PC and I am a little nervous. Thanks for any advice on maybe what I am still missing or advice. I will definately post before and after pictures.

Ramhunter24

breakneckvtec
03-23-2004, 09:42 PM
Start with the Menzerna IP in the bad areas then go over the car with FP finish with #82 if needed

Orange pads for the IP

White pads for the FP and 82

The way I usually do it is to start the PC on about 4 to spread the product then I click it up to around 5 and work it in finishing with the PC just gliding over the paint on about 5.5 or 6 depending on my mood

HOWEVER

This being your first time with the PC I would recommend staying on speed 4 and only moving up if necessary until you get a feel for it. Despite what some people may say if you dont pay attention with the PC on speed 6 it CAN get away from you. Just relax and have fun with it :xyxthumbs

I did notice you didnt have a wax/sealant on your list. I would recomend going to an automotive store and just picking up some NXT for the time being, good for what it is and locally available. You can play with different sealants later. Just remember, with the NXT apply THIN coats, I had some smearing issues with it. Also, just a small bead around the outside of the pad is enough polish, dont use too much. Good luck, and post pics when your done.

ramhunter24
03-23-2004, 09:57 PM
breakneckvtec,

thanks for the response. I actually purchased Zaino during the fall and used it once, before joining this forum. However, I am trying to decide on also purchasing some of these for the ultimate black appearance:

VM & CMW

Blackfire II

PS21s

s100

breakneckvtec
03-24-2004, 03:29 PM
I dont normally prescribe things over the net but I will share a killer black combo from my experience with you...

From poorboysworld.com order SSR1 and EX-P

From clearkote.com order Vanilla moose hand glaze

DACP yellow pad -> SSR1 white pad -> VM white pad -> EX-P hand

Great combo on black...

Jesstzn
03-24-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by ramhunter24

breakneckvtec,

thanks for the response. I actually purchased Zaino during the fall and used it once, before joining this forum. However, I am trying to decide on also purchasing some of these for the ultimate black appearance:

VM & CMW

Blackfire II

PS21s

s100

Here is a combo that you have already on a black car .. no extra $$

Menzerna twins then Zaino Z5 x 3 & Z2 x 2

Zaino (http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/12805dsc00387-med.jpg)

Reflection (http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/12805stang1-med.jpg)

ramhunter24
03-28-2004, 09:04 AM
Jesstzn- I am actuall going to try this and maybe top the Zaino with s100 that I picked up at the local Harely shop. I will be using the PC for the first time today and excited to see what happens with the Menzerna Twins. Did you apply your Zaino with the PC and which pads should I use. I have 2 White, 2 Orange and 1 Grey that I ordered from CMA.

Jesstzn
03-28-2004, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by ramhunter24

Jesstzn- I am actuall going to try this and maybe top the Zaino with s100 that I picked up at the local Harely shop. I will be using the PC for the first time today and excited to see what happens with the Menzerna Twins. Did you apply your Zaino with the PC and which pads should I use. I have 2 White, 2 Orange and 1 Grey that I ordered from CMA.

All the prep work was done with a PC but the Zaino is best left to doing by hand. If your using Z5 it has to be applied in a back and forth motion not circular so a PC won`t work. And using a PC will eat up expensive Zaino.

I made my own applicators for Zaino .. see my post under Products Discussion.