PDA

View Full Version : Tropi-Care Review

nonwelder
03-23-2004, 08:50 PM
Alright...It came today. So, I tested it on two panels, one which was polished with 1Z and nothing else, and the other was polished with 1Z, EX-P last week. The product is very easy to apply, and seems to haze fairly fast. I let it dry about 30 minutes and came back to buff off. The results? Alone, it looked very good. Deep gloss, fairly wet looking, and very slick. On the panel with the EX-P, it looked even deeper! I would have to say that it is a nice product so far, but durability will be seen. In my opinion, it may be a nice topper type product for EX-P. Not as plastic looking as SG, which was a plus for me. Will I buy more when I run out? Maybe.....I am very happy with the look of EX-P, and I still want to try WG. So, we shall see. Overall it is a very good product, and if I didnt have EX-P, it would probably be my product of choice....For now ;)

Just a little info...

Brett

Scottwax
03-23-2004, 08:57 PM
Keep us posted. I am all tapped out with testing right now, but if it holds up for you, Tropicare may be next on my agenda.

Any pics you`d like to share? ;)

nonwelder
03-23-2004, 09:01 PM
If I had a digital, I would most certainly share...lol I will try and snap some regular pics and scan or something. I am heading home for the weekend, so I will give it a wash and let you know how it holds up. On a side note, I have a friend who used WG, and I had EX-P on the car, and I have to say, the results were VERY similar!

Brett

GoodnClean
03-23-2004, 09:08 PM
So it doesn`t need a pure surface to bond to?

nonwelder
03-23-2004, 09:21 PM
Steve at Tropi-Care told me no...same as the new EX-P...Both are compatible with most popular products. IE...SG, UPP, EX, EX-P..etc

Brett

JayC
03-23-2004, 10:42 PM
Ive tried it both ways as well and so far I havent seen much of a difference. My WRX was freshly clayed, my CRV wasn`t. Product went on the same and off the same. I supposed durability could be compromised depending on prep but I guess I`ll have to re-evaluate that in a few weeks.

Scottwax
03-23-2004, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by OneQuickGT1

Steve at Tropi-Care told me no...same as the new EX-P...Both are compatible with most popular products. IE...SG, UPP, EX, EX-P..etc

Brett

:cool: My understanding was that a Dawn wash was needed prior to use (I am sure I saw that on the website).

nonwelder
03-24-2004, 12:56 AM
Scottwax....Saw the same thing, but according to some e-mails, I was fine putting over existing products...I guess time will tell. I DO see where you are coming from, however!

Brett

GoodnClean
03-24-2004, 02:17 AM
I saw that too but I think that may just come from him being a Zaino distributor for so long, Zaino guys always tend to be real married to the dawn wash, even when using other products. It becomes "the way its done".

JayC
03-24-2004, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by GoodnClean

I saw that too but I think that may just come from him being a Zaino distributor for so long, Zaino guys always tend to be real married to the dawn wash, even when using other products. It becomes "the way its done".

I believe you are correct on this. I didn`t Dawn bath my CRV but I did do it to the WRX just for comparison sake. Like I said earlier, I haven`t seen any difference in finish/shine/ease of usage from either car but there could be some longevity issues by not prepping the surface on the CRV. Time will tell.

I did post some water beading shots in another thread using the CRV as the test mule and they looked okay but it was only about a 10 day old application.