PDA

View Full Version : all purpose cleaner comparison

vwjettak2gti16v
03-23-2004, 08:42 PM
how do these apcs compare to each other mostly interested in carpet cleaning from tough stains to mild dirt range

canidates:

meg. apc+ ~$11 / gal vs. simple green ~$10 / gal vs. grease lightning`s orange blast ~$6 / .5 gal vs. costal purple degreaser ~$6 / gal vs. at walmart purple power ~$4 / gal

tom p.
03-23-2004, 08:48 PM
EF Hi Intensity to your list of candidates.

I recently got a gallon of Meg`s APC+ and like it a lot. It may be the best "universal" cleaner I have tried and it doesn`t have that overpowering, caustic odor found with product like the EFHI and Castrol`s purple cleaner.

The EFHI is a very potent cleaner.

Douxebris
03-23-2004, 08:55 PM
The best kept secret in good buys: 303 Aerospace Cleaner, available in 1 gal jugs. My favorite carpet cleaner was always the 303 Rug / Carpet cleaner, but at $8.00 for 32 oz, quite pricey. Found out that this is the same stuff as the 303 Aerospace concentrate diluted to 30/1. I actually go a bit heavier, closer to 15/1, but it still proves the best bargain around for carpet cleaning duty.

Jeff Laughhunn

Douxebris
03-23-2004, 09:00 PM
Forgot to add, the price is $40/gal. While spendier than the original list, when I figure how many times I can refill that (previously) $8.oo spray bottle... ;-)

Jeff Laughhunn

Detailing NY
03-23-2004, 09:01 PM
I cant say i have tried them all, but i have found that meg`s APC+ is the best. I have found so many uses for it. I wont even buy another apc at this time as i like it so much. i get in 5 gallon containers which last a good amount of time as you dilute it.

imported_Greg
03-23-2004, 09:04 PM
I haven`t found a single reason to complain about APC+ here. I use it on carpets, wheels, engines, and it does everything wonderfully.